March 28, 2024, 05:34:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't see Edit button to edit preset  (Read 2057 times)

AntonyM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't see Edit button to edit preset
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:04:28 pm »
I have both Analog Lab 3 and SEM V installed and registered, etc on my machine.

According to the manual for Analog Lab 3 "section 3.4.3   clicking on the Edit button inside the Preset details window will open
the current preset inside that synth"

But I can't see an Edit button (screenshot attached)

What am I missing?

LBH

Re: Can't see Edit button to edit preset
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 06:48:56 pm »
When you hoover the mouse over the instrument image at the right side of AL3, then a edit button appear in the middle of that image. Just click that button.
You can open all the applications you own this way. If you own SEM V2, then you can open that this way. If you you own SEM V like you write (it's older than V2), then you can't open it inside AL3, but need the old AL that uses the old VC applications  from before VC5 to do so.

Hope this helps.

AntonyM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 01:20:06 am »
Hi LBH,

Thanks for your reply.
However:
1. When I hover the mouse over the instrument image, all that appears is a "+" icon. And when I click on it, it says "Load Preset on Part 2".
2. I seem to have a mix of V2 and V instruments, and my SEM was V. However I have the same issue with the V2 synths too.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:08:17 am »
Yes V, V2 and V3 versions can be a bit confusing. In a VC you can find all those depending on the application and how many times it has been upgraded to a new version. The thing that matters in this respect is from which VC your applications are from. As i wrote, then if your applications is older than VC5 applications, then you can't open them inside AL3.
You should have informations in

If your applications is from VC4, then you can open them inside AL version (V) 1.2.4.126. It can be installed alongside AL3. At least i have that. If you have VC4, then you should have this AL availble. I assume you can find it in your ASC. Othervise you can download it.
You can't load applications from V5 and V6 in in this older AL.
ASC can tell you about which VC version you have and which individual applications that's in that version.

FYI: From VC5 the preset system changed. Older versions don't use the same system. They don't have preset browsers like the newer versions have.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines