March 28, 2024, 01:32:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep Failed To Open...  (Read 2556 times)

wjames

Keystep Failed To Open...
« on: March 05, 2018, 04:19:05 am »
I can't get keystep driver to install. MIDI Control Center say it is connecyed but not synced. When I try to sync it say "failed to open. Please verify the device is not in use by another program" (it's not).

Firmware revision says "entering firmare upgrade mode" - "This device is not recognized. If the device is connected to a USB HUB, please unplug/plug the HUB, then press OK". When I do this, it says "failed to open the device. Please verify the device is not in use by another application". I have no idea what application could be using it.

Device manager shows it is plugged into "Other devices"/ I have tried uninstalling and doing the whole process again a number of times.

I have tried other USB hubs

I don't have another PC to test on.

When I try to update driver from Windows Device Manager, it returns "Windows found the driver but can't install"

sorry that was so long. Can anyone help?

wjames

Re: Keystep Failed To Open...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 07:20:43 pm »
I've tried different USB ports, different cables, uninstalling all the USB drivers and reinstalling, nothing

any other ideas?

beezer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 10:06:06 pm »
I'm having the same problem but tried on an old laptop and it did install but not on the desktop. Both running Windows 10.. I even re-installed windows on the desktop and nothing.

bigblip

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 10:13:16 am »
Hi, did you ever get this sorted and if so, how? I am having the same issue with all my Arturia devices :-(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines