April 26, 2024, 01:26:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: SOLVED] Drumbrute tempo display 10 BPM faster  (Read 2264 times)

metropoly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
SOLVED] Drumbrute tempo display 10 BPM faster
« on: March 05, 2018, 01:17:47 am »
Having an issue where the drum brute is synced to Ableton live with tempo via USB.

The beat sounds synced properly and in tempo with Ableton and other synths in my rig but for some reason, the display on the drumbrute is showing a BPM which is 10 higher than the set tempo. For example, if the tempo is set to 120 in ableton the drum brute shows 130.

It was not doing this at first and started recently for some unknown reason.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:28:40 am by I grec »

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Drumbrute tempo display 10 BPM faster
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:09:52 pm »
Hi metropoly,
That is strange. It may be due to USB jitter (a USB Hub for instance, bad quality USB cable, or your computer, ...) or a very high tempo. Tempo > 300BPM is not supported by DrumBrute.

However, if it sounds synced, you should not worry about the display. The display is just informative (competitors usually do not display the BPM while synced, I guess because of jitter issues). Look at Ableton Live tempo giggling when it is slaved.

Regards,
Y.

metropoly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 04:04:31 am »
Hi metropoly,
That is strange. It may be due to USB jitter (a USB Hub for instance, bad quality USB cable, or your computer, ...) or a very high tempo. Tempo > 300BPM is not supported by DrumBrute.

However, if it sounds synced, you should not worry about the display. The display is just informative (competitors usually do not display the BPM while synced, I guess because of jitter issues). Look at Ableton Live tempo giggling when it is slaved.

Regards,
Y.

Hey thanks for responding -

So it does sound synced and when ableton records the audio it’s on beat. The ableton bpm is clearly 120 for example and I look at the drumbrute it’s exactly 130 - if I change it to 110 it will be 120.

I don’t know much about USB drift but I doubt it is a bad cable it’s a new high quality cable and it used to work just fine. Not sure why the display got wonky on me.

Would it make sense to do a factory reset and reload firmware? Like I said it’s just cosmetic it seems but it does bother me a lot (ocd).

B

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 09:26:23 am »
Yes try to factory reset and to put the very latest firmware.

Regards,
Y.

metropoly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 05:55:25 pm »
So - I "upgraded" the firmware to the latest version because I cant find anything in the manual about a factory reset...

Reloading the most recent firmware didn't change anything so I am back to square one.

I don't understand it!

metropoly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 05:53:20 am »
OK! So figured out my soundcard was somehow to blame - I changed the sampling rate from 44.1 to 48 and then all the problems went away.

VERY unclear why since the rest of the setup was all set at 44.1 as well... oh well now it works!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines