March 29, 2024, 02:13:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Different Device Names for the White and Black KeySteps  (Read 1866 times)

lake33

• Apprentice
Different Device Names for the White and Black KeySteps
« on: April 27, 2020, 02:09:47 am »
I bought both a white and a black KeyStep. When I use them in my DAW or with the MIDI Control Center these programs cannot tell which is which. It's very annoying.

Please, add different MIDI device names or ID's or whatever has to be done to the next firmware update so my DAWs and the MCC can differentiate between the two.

Thank you.

gphantom

Re: Different Device Names for the White and Black KeySteps
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 03:18:12 pm »
Most people buy one or the other.  One idea would be to set one of them to Channel 1 and the other to Channel 2.  At least one would be identified that way.  Another is to rename the instrument in your DAW (if possible)

lake33

• Apprentice
Re: Different Device Names for the White and Black KeySteps
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 10:36:21 pm »
 Nope, neither one of those solutions will work. Changing the channel does nothing when manipulating the MIDI bus. Renaming in the DAW does even less. When I restart my computer white might be called black and vice versa.

The Black and White KeySteps have separate firmware files. As of now they seem to be identical.

Many people buy both. This suggestion of mine would be very easy for the Arturia team to implement.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines