March 28, 2024, 12:18:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Microtuning with Scala  (Read 6222 times)

masi

Microtuning with Scala
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:04:11 pm »
Please add microtuning support to all synths of the V Collection. Ideally by supporting Scala (.SCL and .KBM!). .TUN is ok - better than nothing ;)

Masi

tepa

Re: Microtuning with Scala
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 05:57:49 pm »
That would be so nice to have micro tuning option in all Arturia Vsti.

Actually if I want to play something else from western temperament, I need to pass the Arturia to Melodyne to retune the score, c'est vraiment dommage with all that power of Arturia sound, it's limiting some direct/live experiences in some marvelous area of music and sound-design.

Few other plug like the famous  Omniphere, Diva, Kontakt, Falcon, Halion and other that i own got the option to load .TUN or .scl and usualy i start with them when looking for new ideas with micro tuning experimentation.

I really hope Arturia is working on it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 06:22:13 pm by tepa »

Harry

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 02:35:20 pm »
This is the biggest missing feature I can think of. It would be a game changer for me. I have worked with so many bizarre and esoteric workarounds through the years with some success, but native, global support for microtonal tunings would be a godsend. If it used one of the established file formats like scala, even better. Dynamic modulation would also be a fantastic feature when working with something like just intonation.

Just imagine the possibilities of being able to play a CS-80 or Synclavier in any tuning system.

jsegel

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 10:09:24 pm »
Plus one on this. Was just trying to get a Terry Riley-type thing going and realized of course that it needed to be a simple just intonation.

Harry

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 05:17:50 pm »
A few of the synths can do equal-tempered microtonal tunings, like the Arp 2600 and Moog Modular, where you can adjust the keyboard CVs to different intervals, and some of the others have similar hacks. But seriously, a global tuning parameter in each synth where you could import a tuning file would be marvelous. It would be nice to be able to use the same tuning, like Wendy Carlos's Alpha, across all the plugins. In something like Analog Lab, it would be amazing to keep certain global tuning presets, but be able to switch between different synths or organs or pianos. I would stop using every other software synth and exclusively use Arturia with that kind of consistency. This should be a feature, even if the amount of artists utilizing it were small at first. I guarantee more and more artists would begin experimenting with it if it had that kind of easy access.

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 11:33:33 pm »
I hope Arturia people are watching this thread. PLEASE PLEASE DO THIS. Nonstandard tunings are getting more and more popular with the introduction of world music to pop culture, and the Arturia synths would be a staple in cinematic composition if this were implemented.

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 11:38:07 pm »
Also re: tuning in general, why isn't there an option within all instruments to change the master tuning?

For example, I've worked on production with a lot of clients that use A=432 rather than A=440. Not having a master tune affects the versatility of (for example, since I'm using it right now) the Solina V. Doesn't the original ARP Solina have a master tune control?

I know this is somewhat off-topic, but I've read several threads complaining about this (I even made one myself awhile ago) and honestly it fits right in with scale tunings.

tanrak

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 12:57:55 pm »
Please add microtuning support to all synths of the V Collection. Ideally by supporting Scala (.SCL and .KBM!). .TUN is ok - better than nothing ;)

Masi
+1

Also I can't believe Solina has not got Master tune? wtf? I can't tune it to my other songs or players, makes it useless!

LBH

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 07:45:54 pm »
FYI:
Import of .scl and .tun have been added in Pigments version 1.2.0.594.

Pigments is'nt a part of V-Collection, but can be used in Analog Lab. I also understand this request as a generel request for music applications.

kentswafford

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 08:50:48 pm »
I see that a beautiful implementation of microtuning has been added to Pigments! Wonderful!

Please add microtunings to V-Collection. Please, please, please, PLEASE add microtuning to V-collection!

gmo13dunes

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 11:31:38 pm »
Yep!  It is a shame that microtonal tunings are not in ALL V Collection instruments.

Arturia, please add this to those synths.
Thanks!

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 08:08:36 am »
Bump because this is important

1asc

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2020, 02:14:12 pm »
Seconding this, this would be absolutely phenomenal and really make the V collection stand out in the market (I know a lot of other physical modelling emulators are missing microtuning functions as well)

Ernestine

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 11:33:48 am »
The possibility of importing of .tun or .kbm or .scl files would mean a great lot for me and the music production of the ensemble I am a member of. We use acoustic instruments together with electronics and explore a lot of mircotonal sounds. The implemented limitiations on music informatic instruments are outdated and ridiculous. We don‘t want copies of historic sounds because we wouldn‘t have the money to buy the real instruments but we use electronics and informatics to work with those sounds in contemporary circumstances. The role of companies like Arturia i understand as bridges of technologies spanning over „borders“ of styles, concepts and ideas. Please go forward!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines