March 29, 2024, 07:55:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Internally transposing a sequence?  (Read 1961 times)

Tripi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Internally transposing a sequence?
« on: February 26, 2018, 10:01:01 pm »
I'm finding that I often program a new sequence in my MB, but it always seems to be the wrong root note when I play it back on a single note.   Is there a way to transpose the entire sequence up or down, once it is created? 

thanks!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Internally transposing a sequence?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:13:48 pm »
There is no way to transpose the sequence data as such, but as you know we can transpose it in real time by using the keyboard to trigger the playback.

The root note of a recorded sequence is correct when you trigger the playback with a C on the keyboard, or when you press the Play button.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:26:43 pm by DrJustice »

Tripi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 01:08:15 am »
Thanks for the reply.   I know that we can trigger different keys from the keyboard.   But, from what I can tell, if you don't create your internal sequence based on C, then the keyboard notes to trigger it don't have any relevance to the key you are composing in.   So.... if I make a sequence in the MB with 4 E's in a row, and then trigger the sequence by playing an E, it will actually play 4 G#'s in a row.   If I wanted to hear 4 E's, I'd have to play a C on the keyboard.   I hope that makes sense.

What would really be nice, is if the Matrix Brute library editor let you edit the sequences on a computer (including pitches, and copy+paste for rows/sequence length).

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 02:52:54 am »
Thanks for the reply.   I know that we can trigger different keys from the keyboard.   But, from what I can tell, if you don't create your internal sequence based on C, then the keyboard notes to trigger it don't have any relevance to the key you are composing in.   So.... if I make a sequence in the MB with 4 E's in a row, and then trigger the sequence by playing an E, it will actually play 4 G#'s in a row.   If I wanted to hear 4 E's, I'd have to play a C on the keyboard.   I hope that makes sense.
That's exactly what I'm, saying :) So you know this already then; that there is a relation between what you trigger and the sequence, where playing a C plays the sequencers recorded pitches with no transposition. Well, that's how it works...

Tripi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 08:13:04 pm »
Right.   I guess I'll add this to the request section.   Fingers crossed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines