March 28, 2024, 01:04:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: two pianos  (Read 3229 times)

Jpro600k

two pianos
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:13:45 pm »
Hi,
Are the two pianos perform the load of CPU processing high? I feel that the piano reaction is not good.
If the value of unused functions is set to 0, will the calculation speed be simply faster?
Win10 i7-4790k 4Ghz  RAM:32GB 
Is the current PC insufficient?

LBH

Re: two pianos
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 05:46:15 pm »
Which buffer settings do you have for your soundcard?
Which soundcard and driver do you use?

Do you exsperience crackles, pops or sound stops  or just "delayed" response?
If you exsperience crackles, pops and sound stops, then beside the above also report what samplerate you use?
And check if a single CPU core is overloaded.

All notes playing when holding down the sustain pedal put load on the CPU.

You have a strong CPU and lots of RAM. Both better than mine.

Jpro600k

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 04:55:44 pm »
Which buffer settings do you have for your soundcard?
Which soundcard and driver do you use?

Do you exsperience crackles, pops or sound stops  or just "delayed" response?
If you exsperience crackles, pops and sound stops, then beside the above also report what samplerate you use?
And check if a single CPU core is overloaded.

All notes playing when holding down the sustain pedal put load on the CPU.

You have a strong CPU and lots of RAM. Both better than mine.

FA-66
44Khz 16bit
latency 13.605ms   Is it late?

"delayed" response , crackles, sound stops ,pops
The symptoms are not everyday.

other problem:
Immediately after switching preset, the response is bad.This happens frequently.
I hear fine noises at short intervals.I don't feel well.Motivation is reduced.

It may not be good to bridge with Analog lab 3. It can be imagined that the load will be high because the bridge( add to Analog lab 3.) will be used twice to DAW. I think that it is more appropriate to add the Piano -V2 directly to each individual track in the DAW.

I thought it was an interesting way of use, but it seems that the time is still early.
I expect it in the future.

Thanks.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 05:30:19 pm »
That depend on if you feel the delay. It's a delay that some can feel and others don't care about. It's not huge. A latency at max 10 ms would for me be prefered. So that perhaps can say lower the buffer.

But you say you also exsperience crackles and so on. That actually can say you have a too low buffer setting for your system, to be able to do what you are trying to do. So that perhaps can say raise the buffer, and thus opposite to the above.

Alternatively you could perhaps lower both the samplerate and the buffersize while working with MIDI and raise it when things need to be processed to audio tracks or files. But i don't know if that will work well.
Another alternative is to work in another way.
Have you tried the multicore support settings in Piano V, to see if it make any difference?

Your soundcard is a discontinuet firewire interface. Not many computers have firewire by default today. Is your computer old? What's the specs for your CPU? It can be it's not that strong.

You talk about "bridge". What bridge? If you mean Analog Lab is a bridge when you use 2 Pianos, then yes that might can put more load on a single CPU core. That's also whay i ask you to check if one of your CPU cores is maxed while (While other might not are being used.).  And it's also why i ask about multicore setting, as this perhaps can spread the load better. But it also depend on how your DAW works.

Do you have this issues with Analog Lab in both standalone mode and when used as plug-in in your DAW?
Which DAW do you use.
Do you use your soundcars own drivers, and are they ASIO drivers?

Jpro600k

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 05:16:38 am »
That depend on if you feel the delay. It's a delay that some can feel and others don't care about. It's not huge. A latency at max 10 ms would for me be prefered. So that perhaps can say lower the buffer.

But you say you also exsperience crackles and so on. That actually can say you have a too low buffer setting for your system, to be able to do what you are trying to do. So that perhaps can say raise the buffer, and thus opposite to the above.

Alternatively you could perhaps lower both the samplerate and the buffersize while working with MIDI and raise it when things need to be processed to audio tracks or files. But i don't know if that will work well.
Another alternative is to work in another way.
Have you tried the multicore support settings in Piano V, to see if it make any difference?

Your soundcard is a discontinuet firewire interface. Not many computers have firewire by default today. Is your computer old? What's the specs for your CPU? It can be it's not that strong.

You talk about "bridge". What bridge? If you mean Analog Lab is a bridge when you use 2 Pianos, then yes that might can put more load on a single CPU core. That's also whay i ask you to check if one of your CPU cores is maxed while (While other might not are being used.).  And it's also why i ask about multicore setting, as this perhaps can spread the load better. But it also depend on how your DAW works.

Do you have this issues with Analog Lab in both standalone mode and when used as plug-in in your DAW?
Which DAW do you use.
Do you use your soundcars own drivers, and are they ASIO drivers?

In  other Vーcollecrion plugins,these problems  have never occurred.
It is a piano V2 peculiar problem.

It isn't standalone..
Bridge is Cubase9.51 >Analog Lab3>Piano V2

Thank you for your support.
Piano V2's sound is very nice.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 02:19:43 pm »
Which CPU do you use?
Do you use your soundcards own drivers and are they ASIO drivers?

Different applications can  put more or less load on the CPU.
Different sounds can  put more or less load on the CPU.
The way you use and play a sound can  put more or less load on the CPU.
There can be differences in how much load there are on a single CPU core too.
It's not that simple as one application put the same load on the CPU - and no matter what. You can have issues with just one application, one sound and one way of playing only.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 06:57:54 pm by LBH »

Jpro600k

one pianos
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 10:35:39 am »
Hi,
Asio 528samples 12ms 44.1hz
windows audio 441samples 10ms 44.1hz
I tried audio setting  again.
Both,It is not released from noise and delay.
If this symptom is only in my environment, I only have to give it up.

After all, when using Piano V2 standalone it was the best.
It can be very comfortable. Thank you very much for such a wonderful suggestion.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 05:34:35 pm »
Some can do with buffer settings like that. Sometimes i can too.
Personally i can feel delay allready from 256 samples buffer at 44.1 KHz samplerate and prefere lower settings when playing. But the delay also depend on how well the soundcard perform and the connection as that contribute to the total delay.

Perhaps your buffer settings is responsible for a feeling of delay. But the problem is, that if you lower the buffer, then perhaps you will get more crackling. This can be about your CPU. So please answer my CPU questions, as i can't say anything about the crackling, unless i know about your CPU.

I would use your soundcards own ASIO driver when using your soundcard.

Jpro600k

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2018, 06:21:09 pm »
Hi,LBH

CPU is  i7-4790k 4Ghz 
Does Piano V2 function have a function to switch between single CPU and multiple CPU?
If it is not in the function of the piano V2, does somewhere have such a function?

I've added a new Piano improvisation.
piano_improvisation_02_3rd_Mar_2018
Piano :Arturia Piano V2.
Piano V2's sound are a very mellow impression.

Thank you so much.

LBH

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2018, 06:42:16 pm »
Hi Jpro600k,

Does Piano V2 function have a function to switch between single CPU and multiple CPU?
Yes there are a multicore setting in the bottom panel. As i suggested try to see if it helps to change this setting.

You have as strong processor.

Are you running your PC in "High Performance" mode in the Power plan?
Perhaps you have some things running on your PC that create troubles.  Have you tried to run Latencymon tool? http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

EDIT: I can add that i can run 2 pianos in a AL3 multi on lower buffer settings than you. There are much load on the CPU, but i can. And you have a better processor. Crackling can also be a matter of level settings anywhere in the audio chain. Have you checked that? EDIT END
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:07:27 pm by LBH »

Jpro600k

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 04:51:29 pm »
Hi Jpro600k,

Yes there are a multicore setting in the bottom panel. As i suggested try to see if it helps to change this setting.

You have as strong processor.

Are you running your PC in "High Performance" mode in the Power plan?
Perhaps you have some things running on your PC that create troubles.  Have you tried to run Latencymon tool? http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

EDIT: I can add that i can run 2 pianos in a AL3 multi on lower buffer settings than you. There are much load on the CPU, but i can. And you have a better processor. Crackling can also be a matter of level settings anywhere in the audio chain. Have you checked that? EDIT END

Hi,LBH

multiple CPU

PC was balanced mode.
I changed it to high performance mode.
latencymon  :without drops.
It is now available for multiple layers.
I can make music with multiple layers using the piano V2 and Analog Lab3.
I did it.

layers of piano

I appreciate your wonderful support.

LBH

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 04:53:39 pm »
Hi Jpro600k,

Your welcome.

Great you found a solution.

Best

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines