March 28, 2024, 11:08:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Version of Analog Lab?  (Read 2456 times)

Andrew George

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Version of Analog Lab?
« on: March 22, 2018, 06:04:21 pm »
If I purchase a KeyLab Essential controller now, will I get a code for Analog Lab 3? (Most vendor websites have marketing material that says Analog Lab 2, but I'm wondering if they are just out of date)

gphantom

Re: Version of Analog Lab?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 07:27:01 pm »
You will indeed get Analog Lab 3.  Even if you got Analog Lab 2, it would eventually upgrade to AL3.
You can always download the AL2 version as well and, even though it asks you to BUY it, once you've registered the version that comes with the Essential Controller, you are automatically authorized anyways.

Andrew George

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:23:23 pm »
Hmm, looks like I'm going to be a bit poorer by the end of the week then. Thanks for the info!

Anyone want to buy a working Casio CZ-1 😁

gphantom

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:14:55 pm »
Not only would you get the Analog Lab 2 and or 3 (you can't have them both at the same time but, Analog Lab 3 would re-integrate AL2's presets into it.) but, you also have Ableton Live 9 and UVI Workstation Grand Piano D.
Ableton Live 9 allows you to create songs in either Session view or Arrangement view.  It has it's own instruments, sound clips and samples and, you can integrate Analog Lab into it by telling it where the VSTs are.  Though complicated to use if you don't have the experience with it, it can be learned with time.
The UVI Workstation is a grand concert piano D which has sampled sounds which makes it sound like the real thing.  Although complicated to get it registered (You have to register with iLok, a separate company) and then with UVI themselves.  You could also buy additional instruments from them to integrate into the UVI workstation and, the Workstation can also be integrated into Ableton Live 9.
In short, you'll be busy for a while.

Also, I wondered whether to get the 61 key or 49 key Essential and determined that, if I wanted to play the keyboard (I don't have that skill yet,) I'd get the 61 key version but, since I want to compose music, I decided (and confirmed by the sales staff at the MOOG store) to go with the 49 key version.  The 49 takes up less space and I can transpose the keys 1 or 2 octaves up and down.

Andrew George

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 12:14:52 pm »
That's great info, cheers.

I went 61 key (arriving tomorrow) as it was only slightly cheaper, and I do play a bit. I think you've answered another question I was going to ask, about Ableton - it'll be version 9, and not 10?

gphantom

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 11:34:42 pm »
Based on what I've read, Ableton live 10 lite won't be available till Fall 2018.  I suppose they want people to buy the current pay-for version at the beginning, also getting the bugs out first before making it available.  As far as I know, you might have the upgrade when it does.  For some reason, in my account, it stated that I could download the live 9 version and it also listed live 10 but that I had no additional downloads to do it.  I wrote them asking them to add another download and they did but, live 10 was removed from the list.  In any event, I'm going to buy the intro version.  16 tracks instead of 8 in the lite version as well as additional instruments etc.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines