April 20, 2024, 01:22:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Program change messages from Logic Pro X  (Read 2252 times)

Junk Email

[SOLVED] Program change messages from Logic Pro X
« on: December 07, 2017, 05:55:29 pm »
I resolved the issue below. I had mistakenly been trying to send the bank select message as a MIDI command within the sequence data--rather than in track settings.

-------

I am new to this forum and apologize if this topic has been addressed/resolved elsewhere.

I am trying to send program change messages from Logic Pro X to the MatrixBrute. The MatrixBrute will receive program change messages only from among the Bank A presets. I realize that the MatrixBrute may require a Bank Select message to precede a program change message. However, there is nothing in the manual that identifies what Bank Select messages need to be received to access the other preset banks.

Please advise. Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:50:33 pm by Junk Email »

StephenJamesBennett

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: [SOLVED] Program change messages from Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 11:36:47 pm »
I also have this problem.

How did you solve it? Track settings bank changes don't work.

Regards

saltfish

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 09:24:16 pm »
Can anyone weigh in on this? I'm sending my Matrix both bank change and program change commands and getting nothing from it. I'm on the latest firmware, 1.1.0.73, and I have ensured that the allow program change setting has been enabled. I also toggled it off then on to make sure the setting was set correctly.

Is there a specific set of values that I need to use? I've tried sending program change with a value of 2, 20, 50 with a time=0, I've tried bank change first, with a value of 1,2,3, and then right after a program change with the earlier values. I've also tried sending changes on midi channel 1 with the matrix set to listen on 1, and 0 as well.

All the other midi commands I've sent have worked as expected, key on, key off, and mod wheel commands.

If someone has this working and can just give me the literal midi commands you're using that would be super helpful.

saltfish

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 11:56:22 pm »
Update: I got this working. You can get away with 2 Midi commands as far as I can tell:

control_change channel=0 control=0 value=15 time=0
program_change channel=0 program=0 time=0

This selects program P1.

Just make sure to send the MSB CC first, and THEN the program change. I played around with control code 32, LSB but it didn't seem to have any effect. For the library I'm using "channel 0" is actually channel 1 which threw off my initial troubleshooting really badly. I was able to change programs using Reason and then intercept those midi commands and then figure out what to send.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines