March 28, 2024, 12:25:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latency/delay over MIDI  (Read 6252 times)

Emporio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Latency/delay over MIDI
« on: May 18, 2017, 02:02:09 am »
Hi All,

I've recently got a competitor's keyboard controller for another project, I notice the latency on the other controller is far less than my Arturia Keylab 88.
I've come to the conclusion that the delay/latency is not on my audio set-up as first thought, but from the keylab midi processing.

I'm using MIDI over the USB.  When I get time, I plan to re-test using the MIDI sockets directly.  I have a suspicion that the latency is due to the internal USB MIDI controller.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks,
Ant

joshbrahm

Re: Latency/delay over MIDI
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:39:58 pm »
I just got the Keylab 88 and am running it through my Macbook Pro and then to an audio interface. I've noticed a very small amount of latency that I'd like to minimize, but haven't spent enough time researching what I need to do. My first step will be making sure the firmware on both the Keylab and my audio interface are up to date.

Emporio

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Latency/delay over MIDI
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 12:50:26 pm »
I'm getting really frustrated with the latency now, when compared to other controllers.

Playing on my M-Audio controller is far more responsive than on the keylab.
I've tried the keylab on the midi socket rather than USB and it has the same delay.

Please note, this is not audio latency I'm talking about, but a delay between keypress and midi data.

Arturia don't seem to be updating the keylab 88 any more so I guess it's time to find another, better controller.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines