April 20, 2024, 03:42:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with sync when recording bsp to logic pro x  (Read 5569 times)

Dmal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Problem with sync when recording bsp to logic pro x
« on: February 20, 2018, 02:39:02 pm »
Hi,

I've had bsp for a long time with logic x without that many problems and I'm not sure which update has triggered this issue and if it's logic or bsp related.

The problem is that bsp plays in sync with the logic x clock if I select the setting "Song - SPP at Play Start only". But if want to record, pressing record in logic will not start play on the bsp side. If I select " SPP at Play Start and Stop/SPP/Continue at Cycle Jump" it will start playing on the bsp side when I press play in logic, but as soon as the cycle (loop in logic side) starts from the beginning the sync is lost - all notes will be received one 16th too early - the cycle jump is too early. Even if this issue can be avoided by changing the SPP mode when playing or recording I'd be interested to hear any ideas how to work around this issue. Logic version 10.4.0 and bsp firmware 1.4.0.20. I tried both of the newer firmwares but they introduced so many new problems that decided to roll back to concentrate on this one first. Since the logic x bsp settings tutorial is outdated and shows old logic x version settings I have no idea what the setting should be in bsp. Should I roll back the logic x too if bsp is not compatible with the newest logic x version?

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Problem with sync when recording bsp to logic pro x
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:46:37 pm »
Hi Dmal,
Sorry but you need to use the latest firmware to address that. What can of issues do you have with the latest one?

Regards,
Y.

Dmal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 07:59:23 pm »
I will try it again when I'm not in the midst of producing a track - it seemed to mess everything up what I've been used to. Thanks!

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:05:42 am »
Do not forget to update the MIDI Control Center software to the latest version before updating your BeatStep Pro.

Regards,
Y.

Damien2003gt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 06:16:28 pm »
I'm frustrated as hell with the BSP and Logic Pro x. I've had this thing for  year and a half. Have installed and reinstalled and updated over and over and never got it to work correctly or sync up properly! Arturia can you release an update and instructional video that works and is actually current! Or can anybody post a video to help us logic users install and use the BSP with Logic Pro X.

PLEASE!!!!

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 11:51:31 am »
Hi Damien2003gt,
I don't know exactly what your problem is, but if it is linked to synchronization, you should be aware there is a bug in Logic X, concerning synchronization and if you make a loop in Logic.
Have a look at the attached picture.
Options containing "SPP at Cycle Jump" are buggy on first loop, creating a drift in synchronization. You should use first or last option.

Regards,
Y.

Damien2003gt

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:49:29 pm »
thanks will give this a try tonight

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines