March 28, 2024, 11:09:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: We want Spark 3  (Read 14606 times)

loboloco

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: We want Spark 3
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2018, 04:15:03 pm »
Hi Spark is going to get an update soon but it will only deal with bug fixes and there will be no new features.  I don't know why arturia are not going to give us a Spark 3 ?

So this will be the end of this great idea, of an easy to use Soft/Hardware Drummaschine!  :'(
Terrym you are a Beta user for Arturia right?

There is currently an update happening. I am a beta tester for it.
HOWEVER!!
It is only a bug fix/update to Spark 2. GREATLY needed, for sure.
HOWEVER!
In my communications with Arturia, it sounds like there's very little chance of a Spark 3.
That said, I know from personal experience (to wit: getting this fucking bug fix update going, for which I'm personally in no small part responsible for) that user-noise can make Arturia do stuff.
They've been SO focused on making hardware recently that I think they've somewhat forgotten about their software.
I think if they took a good look at Spark, they'd re-invest some time to make a Spark 3.
And I, for one, would pay for it. (as long as it included CDM support.)

Unfortunately, I don't think user-noise has any influence whatsoever on Arturia's developers, not as Spark 2 is concerned, anyway. As you know, two years have passed since the last update and although both SparkLE and Spark 2 are still being sold, it seems that Arturia has really moved  on and focused, as you say, on hardware (Drumbrute being one of them). These forums have been rarely visited by Arturia staff and rarely one of them replies or addresses an issue posted here. This is why I was quite surprised to hear about an update, be it only a bug fix one.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 01:21:06 pm »
Well, user noise -- in no small part by me -- lead directly to this Spark 2 update happening.
And there are improvements in the update beta, for sure.
When will it be done? Who knows. When it's done. But it IS being worked on.

Still, there is pretty much no hope for a Spark 3. I just want to make that clear.
This space left intentionally blank.

Mathieu Pe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 05:45:55 pm »
Let's hope that they will at least keep Spark 2 compatible with the Operating systems to come...
Cos having a buggy but highly usable Spark 2 is one thing, but having a perfectly working hardware and an unusable software is much more frustrating.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 10:09:26 pm »
Your turn! What do you want for Spark 3?
A stand alone hardware unit. Take the best from the current and/or old controller, stuff it with some powerful ARMs, put a nice big touch screen on it and port an enhanced version of the current Spark software to it. Instabuy!

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2018, 01:40:48 pm »
Your turn! What do you want for Spark 3?

I want customizable note mapping. Or at least proper GM mapping — if there's just one kick it should fall on C2, not B1!

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2018, 03:46:07 am »

You're right tho. It'd be nice if Spark itself would record performances into the Song mode sequence. I'd not expect that to be put in there. No new features, pretty much just bux fixes.

Do not expect a Spark 3. I have communicated directly with them. It is more than unlikely, sadly.
I mean HELL! I would freakin LOVE IT

There's plenty of other "I wish" for a Spark 3, but like I said .... As far as I can tell, it's pretty much a no.
  Yeah it's really too bad, I have Spark, Live with Push 2, Maschine Studio, and Beatstep Pro.
In the future it's probably going to be some combination of Beatstep and Push 2 as my main drum writing tools.
Spark besides the bugs we've mentioned here is more than capable in a DAW of being a great tool for drum programming.
Maschine is utterly crippled when it comes to any song with multiple time signatures in it, this is really pretty freaking sad as NI did a great job with the user interface, but it's been years and Maschine still has bugs changing time signatures, it's really about time for me to sell it before it's worth nothing at all. I do far too many songs in odd time signatures, and it's a huge WTF? moment when a dedicated drum machine can't do anything out of straight 4/4 without glitches.
  Ableton Live make a good drum machine if you're using their DAW and their hardware, but I only sometimes write in Live so... Time to delve into integrating Beatstep Pro and Battery 4, before NI pull the plug on Battery 4.  ::) I really like the drum sounds in Spark... blegh!

boombaxx

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2018, 11:39:59 pm »
I am just happy that my Spark le drum connects and works like it should. I know NI would have killed it off a long time ago and not bothered

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2019, 11:54:18 am »
Gonna pull a Jesus and Lazarus this thread.

Somebody in the Spark 2 Owners group on Facebook asked about whether it can do probability-based sequencing. To be honest I almost bought Geist2 to get my hands on some of that, but I'd rather give the money to Arturia if they would properly develop a product currently bordering on abandonware

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 01:08:14 pm »
...it seems that Arturia has really moved  on and focused, as you say, on hardware (Drumbrute being one of them).
Ironic then that the long-running MatrixBrute thread has a user complaining that Arturia spends too much of its resources developing and upgrading its "shitty software" (their words not mine) instead of its hardware.

And here ladies and gentlemen lays the problem: Arturia have fingers in too many pies, with the result that both the hardware camp and the software camp both feel Arturia are not devoting enough time to debug or enhance their particular products. But that issue is entirely of Arturia's own making.

It could be worse: you could be using Arturia Brass, which truly is abandonware...
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

sacer11

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2022, 02:22:09 pm »
hope to see spark v3 soon

liquidalien

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2022, 02:30:00 pm »
Would like as well as Spark2 not working well on M1 Mac 😢

Slvdr

• Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2022, 08:22:20 pm »
hope to see spark v3 soon

That would be wonderful, there is still hope when I see it in the Software Center :D
There is no modular rhythm software like this

telecode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2022, 12:50:13 pm »
 I am a machine and Heartbeat user and had Spark in my collection for a long time but only recently started delving into it. Spark 2 has become  my goto drum machine. It sounds great and easy to use. It would be great to see a Spark 3 with larger GUI, MIDI learn capability so we can use it with other devices.

nastika

• Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2022, 10:30:03 pm »
im into this, i want to see a Spark 3 , that would be very great, and a SparkLE 2 :O !!! i bought a software which its unusable... writing with my mouse? if i want that i dont buy anything that i like and i kept the native drums

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines