April 25, 2024, 02:05:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP transport controls not keeping Ableton playing after the first 16th  (Read 944 times)

Jabz

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am wanting to use my BSP integrated with Live to control all manner of external hardware and internal plugins, not as a midi controller.

When I follow the instructions to setup BSP as a master midi clock, with the tempo on BSP set at 120bpm, the BSP doesn’t trigger  any of my Ableton midi or audio clips. I have a Kick 2 plugin set up on a midi channel to play quarter notes, but when I start the play button on the BSP it only plays the first kick and then nothing more for the duration that the BSP is playing for, yet it plays other synth lines from my hardware. In fact, I have just noticed that it doesn’t set the transport of Ableton going at all! I can upload a video of this, if required.

The tempo control on BSP does control the Ableton tempo, but the transport controls don't seem to work.

I am running El Capitan on a 2015 Macbook Pro. BSP is going into the MBP via a powered usb hub.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: BSP transport controls not keeping Ableton playing after the first 16th
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:43:30 pm »
Hi Frisbi,
You do not need transport controls. Everything is done with MIDI Realtime messages (MIDI Clock, MIDI Start, MIDI Continue, MIDI Stop messages...). This is transparent for you. You need to put Ableton Live in slave mode listening to BeatStep Pro USB or MIDI IN connected to BSP.

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines