March 28, 2024, 12:41:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton doesn't save Analog lab's presets  (Read 6380 times)

Amiye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Ableton doesn't save Analog lab's presets
« on: February 18, 2018, 05:12:09 pm »
I've just started my long way with Ableton 9 live and faced the problem which makes me mad. I used several synthesizers from Analog lab (tried VST and AU) and added some instruments from Ableton, recorded some patches with midi keyboard then saved my project. Every time when i open the project all the sounds and presets from Analog lab disappear. Also tried to export presets from AL to Ableton presets library (in computer folder) as .isx files, but they doesn't appear in Live. Could you please tell what i'm doing wrong and how it should works

Thanks a lot

LBH

Re: Ableton doesn't save Analog lab's presets
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 07:48:40 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Are you using the latest version of Analog Lab 3? The latest version is 3.0.2.1289.

You write some things i don't understand like your use of the terms presets, sounds and patches. (I don't know what you mean by those terms. what's the difference for you - i wonder?)
So can you please try the following and report the result?
1. Create an empty song in your DAW.
2. Create a instrument track with the latest version of Analog Lab 3.
3. Pick the preset "Astral Voices" in Analog Labs preset browser.
4. Save the song.
5. Close Ableton.
6. Open the song again.

Is Analog Lab 3 still having the preset "Astral Voices" loaded?

Please keep in mind that Arturia presets and Ableton presets is two different things.

It can be a good idea to post screenshots of what you are doing. Step by step guides can also help to solve issues.

Amiye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 04:29:51 pm »
Hi there

Sorry for being away for long time. Just bought Arturia collection 6 and again the same problem. I go through the following steps:
1. open for example VST CS-80 V3
2. chose preset "Swan Lake"
3. record live playing with midi keyboard, then save it

When i open this project all stay in its own place except the type of CS-80 V3 preset (i.e. Swan lake), it's changed with the first preset "Ion storm". And it happens with all synthesizers

Thanks for support

LBH

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 05:58:08 pm »
Are you saying the sound is changed, or is it only the preset name that's changed?

I assume you mean you save the Ableton project with the plug-in loaded while the preset "Swan Lake" is selected (in CS-80 and not in AL as you posted about in your first post) .
If you load a new instance on a track, then the preset will be "Ion Storm" in CS-80 v3 as factory default. But only if you load a new instance.

Are your Arturia plug-ins plug-ins updated to the latest version? Which version of CS-80 V3 have you used in your example?

And are you using VST2 or VST3 or something else in the example project?

Amiye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 06:57:53 pm »
It's not about a new instance it relates to the track i recorded using Swan Lake. I just open my saved project, push play button and hear the default preset.
I used VST and VST3 and the problem still the same.
The version of CS-80 is 3.2.0.1183 

LBH

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 07:53:35 pm »
That's the latest version. I use VST3.

I don't use Ableton, so i can't confirm. It can be a DAW specific issue, but i don't think others have reported the same issue - at least with the latest plug-in versions and the Ableton version they use.

I suggest you contact Arturia support directly thru your account. It can be a good idea if you also tell them which OS you use, and which version of Ableton.

Just in case. If you have'nt run the applications as standalone before using them as plug-ins, then you can try to do that. I don't think it matter for Arturias applications, but perhaps it's worth a try.

Good luck.

Amiye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2018, 09:23:07 pm »
Thanks a lot for your time and help anyway!

gphantom

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 11:50:13 pm »
I am not having that problem but I'm assuming you're doing something wrong in Ableton.  If you export midi, only the midi keys are exported which allows you to change the instruments using the same keys, timing and volume.
In any case, I've set up the options as follows.  Maybe this would help:

From the menu, click on "Options" then "Preferences..."
FILE FOLDER tab
    Set temporary folder (Default should be ok)
          cache folder (Default should be ok)
          Use VST plug-in custom folder: ON
          VST Plug-in custom folder: BROWSE  (I created one  as:  "C:\VSTplugins All"   then copied my VSTs there.  Everything in one place

LIBRARY tab
    Collect files on export:  ALWAYS
    Installation folder for packs (Default should be ok)

LICENSES MAINTENANCE tab
    Ableton Live 9 Lite authorized  (Should be displayed - If not, click on the "Authorize at ableton.com" button
      (or if offline, click on the button below)

If you have those set up, you should have no problem.  If all else fails, contact ableton (if they support the lite version)
if all else fails, contact Arturia Support.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines