March 28, 2024, 12:52:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 96ppq clock for analog gear sync  (Read 1669 times)

Cochese

96ppq clock for analog gear sync
« on: February 16, 2018, 02:08:06 pm »
Hi,

I recently attached a MMT8 to BSP and i want to send clock messages in order to keep my BSP as the master. However, i noticed that the tenpo is half slower on the MMT because of 48ppq messages from the BSP. Is it possible to add 96ppq support? I think there is a lot of other gear syncable at that resolution

Thanks!

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: 96ppq clock for analog gear sync
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:46:22 pm »
Hi Cochese,
Unfortunately, I do not think 96ppq will we available in the future.

Regards,
Y.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: 96ppq clock for analog gear sync
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 04:59:00 am »
Hi,

I recently attached a MMT8 to BSP and i want to send clock messages in order to keep my BSP as the master. However, i noticed that the tenpo is half slower on the MMT because of 48ppq messages from the BSP. Is it possible to add 96ppq support? I think there is a lot of other gear syncable at that resolution

Thanks!

Just wondering how you are connecting your MMT8  to your BSP?  MMT8 has no analogue clock out or in and no analogue sync format uses a 96ppq resolution to start with.  96ppq is double the original MIDI clock resolution and is used by professional MIDI sequencers like the MMT8 and QY-700 (well the QY700 actually uses 480ppq but that's ridiculously high and I find it too accurate for my playing accuracy).  It shouldn't make any gear run at half speed even if the gear it's connected to run on the older 48ppq resolution.  I run a QY700 using my BSP and there is no issue whatsoever.
There has to be another reason that your MMT8 is running at half-pace.  Try connecting a different sequencer to the MMT8 and also connect a different sequencer to the BSP so you can check whether it is the ppq disparity that is causing the issue.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines