April 24, 2024, 05:36:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 Pedal polarity  (Read 4645 times)

JoeB

Keylab 61 Pedal polarity
« on: February 14, 2018, 04:47:01 pm »
I'm going insane here with the sustain pedal polarity. It's a questionable decision in the first place to go for the inverted one, but whatever, let's discuss on how to deal with it.

I have already accepted that I cannot use any of my expression pedals with the Arturia keyboard, but what really kills my performance (and makes me think of selling the keyboard) are the following things:

• I know how to change the Min/Max values, I saved it to memory 1 and it works for the time being, BUT
  • it randomly switches back while playing. I use mainstage and while jumping through patches it sometimes just changes back to inverted, resulting in stuck notes -> WTF.
  • Also everytime i power up the keyboard i have to change the polarity, recalling memory 1 sometimes works, sometimes doesn't

My questions:
  • How do i fix the random changing polarity while playing?
  • How do i get the keyboard to use inverted polarity when powering up?

Also I just read that there will be no more firmware updates for these keyboards. So Arturia is abandoning a device (not even bug fixes!!!!) that is only a few years old? I'm so mad right now, this is definitely my last Arturia product and I'm probably going to sell it and get a keyboard without essential design errors and firmware bugs.

Andrew George

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 61 Pedal polarity
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 09:13:02 am »
Every sus pedal I've ever bought has a switch to set the polarity. I didn't need to touch the KL settings when I bought mine a couple of weeks ago?

Eric Barker

• Progrock/metal Keyboards & Sound Design
Re: Keylab 61 Pedal polarity
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:15 pm »
I had a little difficulty setting it up too when I first got my second one (I think they inverted it somewhere along the way). But after fiddling with the MIDI Control Center software for a few minutes, I got it working. Make sure you sync it and save it to both active memory and preset one. Active Memory is only temporary, Presets are permanent. I use MainStage too, I suspect you have it set to accidentally send/echo out program changes, which are switching the patch on the Keylab. There's a global preference for it, I believe if you click on the full concert item (top of the patch list), you can edit it in the edit pane... but it might be elsewhere.

Surprised that you've got a reversed expression pedal though. The only manufacturer I know that goes with inverted pedals is Yamaha, which is why I stay away from buying any Yamaha accessories. Bar-none, the best Expression pedal I've ever got for keyboards is Mission Engineering. They're not cheap, but they're fantastic and built like a tank. Totally sleigh anything by Roland or Yamaha.

Andrew: I've bought MANY sustain and Expression pedals without a polarity switch. Roland/Boss, Fatar, Mission, Kurzweil. I've heard they make them, but I've never seen one.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines