March 29, 2024, 01:46:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP midi help for a newbie please  (Read 1014 times)

gadgetman2000

• Apprentice
BSP midi help for a newbie please
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:58:10 pm »
Hi,
I’ve just started to use a Beatstep Pro. I have it connected via USB to my iMac and am using Arturia’s Mini v2 for sound while I learn my way around the various features.

My problem is this - In MCC I have sequencer 1 set to Midi channel 1. I have programmed notes into the sequencer to playback whatever patch on the Mini v2. If I have the Mini V midi channel set to ‘All’ the notes play fine, but obviously it also responds to notes coming from sequencer 2. When I change the Mini v midi channel to 1, it stops playing the notes as sequenced and just responds one note at a time with random time gaps in between, often of many seconds. Change the Mini v back to the ‘all’ midi channel setting and all sequenced notes play fine again.

No doubt user error, but can someone be kind enough to let me know where I’m going wrong?

Thanks!

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: BSP midi help for a newbie please
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 10:49:35 am »
Hi gadgetman2000,
What is happening if you just mute SEQUENCER 2 and DRUM, with Mini V channel input set to "all"?

Regards,
Y.

gadgetman2000

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:26:28 pm »
Thanks for your response. With Mini V set to receive midi 'all', the correct notes from sequencer 1 play, as do the correct notes from sequencer 2, playing the same Mini V patch.

Mute of either sequencer works as expected, leaving just audio from the other sequencer playing.

Switch the Mini V back to receive on Channel 1 from sequencer 1 (which is set to send on Ch 1) and I'm back to having notes play with long intervals between them and a long sustain on each note. Also, the first note that plays on the Mini V shows that the key played stays pressed down on the Mini V keyboard.

Very puzzled!

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:13:38 pm »
It sounds like a Mini V issue. Have you tried to ask for help on Mini V section?

Regards,
Y.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines