March 29, 2024, 01:14:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 3 changing presets automatically (BUG)  (Read 4921 times)

mandoplan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab 3 changing presets automatically (BUG)
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:36 pm »
Hello all, I"m moving this to the correct place after postin in the wrong spot, like a noob.

So I'm using Analog Lab 3 for the first time this week, and am noticing that the preset I've selected has tendency to change on it's own. Wildly inconvenient and not at all conducive to working through ideas/getting to know the different presets. I'm in Logic Pro X, and don't see any automation cues that could be triggering this.  Any advice the group can offer would be appreciated, cheers!

LBH

Re: Analog Lab 3 changing presets automatically (BUG)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 10:01:11 pm »
Hi again,

Are you having the issue in standalone mode?
Which plug-in type do you use?
When does the presets change?
Does it happen if you create a new track with no data imported in a completely new Logic project?
Are the issue happening among presets in a Analog Lab playlist  or outside?
Do you use the latest update of Analog Lab?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:16:13 pm by LBH »

mandoplan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:16:14 pm »
Thanks for jumping back on this LBH, I'll do my best to answer below.

When does the presets change? (put this first because I'm pretty sure this is a start to figuring out what's wrong)
It happens totally randomly. It appears that my Modulation values on my controller are changing randomly on their own when it's just sitting there. Even when I'm not playing. This appears to be the root cause of the issue, but why do you think it causes the preset changes in Analog Lab 3? When I open up another synth using Komplete 10 (Kontour for this test) the modulation values continued to shift, but it didn't affect the instrument.

Video of the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFN8b8FTAMA

Are you having the issue in standalone mode?
Yes

Which plug-in type do you use?
I'm not sure I understand this question. The issue occurs even when it's on a track with no plug ins. The main plugins I use are Trash 2 and Valhalla Room.

Does it happen if you create a new track with no data imported in a completely new Logic project?
Yes it does. No plugins on the track either, just playing through sounds and it begins changing.

Are the issue happening among presets in a Analog Lab playlist  or outside?
It happens inside the playlist. It will just sit there and cycle through different presets with zero input from me.

Do you use the latest update of Analog Lab?
yes

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:59:07 pm »
What i can see on your video is the presets change/ shift to a preset where the mouse is pointing. If you don't change/ shift the preset to another yourself, then perhaps there is something wrong with whatever that controls your mouse. If you don't use the mouse or you computer keyboard, then what happens if you remove the mouse and the computer keyboard or use another mouse and computer keyboard?

A preset like "Ambient Bubbles" that you play a long time, is a strange preset with it's modulation programming. It strangely can even be in a state where there is no sound and in different stages that sound very different. But from your video i can't say there is anything wrong. I can't see it's about Analog Lab.
From your video i can't say anything is wrong with any preset i see you play. I see different presets are selected, but the video don't show it's a Analog Lab error. Is it even an error or something you do maually with your mouse or computer keyboard or something else?

As it look like you actually are out of playlists, and then Analog Lab normally don't recieve program change messages.

I don't know about the values on your keyboard display. They change when you use your modwheel. And a modwheel can be assigned to modulate a presets parameters, and that need to be programmed in the preset, and Kontour may not use this for the preset you have used.  Have you tried to run a MIDI diagnostic to see if you controller send messages? I think MAC have a MIDI tool to test this.
What does the values in you controllers display show? What parameter?
I see an application in the background. I see the letters "LAUN". What's that? Is that affecting anything?

From your video nothing seems to point at Analog Lab 3 to do anything wrong. I need better evidence. But You can try a clean reinstall, if you think something is wrong. https://www.arturia.com/faq/installation/uninstall-remove-a-software

But i can't see any proof of Analog Lab issues in your video. It can be about the other things i write about. That you need to test and/ or show is'nt the case, before we can say it's a Analog Lab issue.

About the plug-in type. I meant format. Do you use VST or another format?

I see you are on MAC. I use Windows. Don't know about MAC or Logic.
And i don't know about your controller either. I don't think it has aftertouch. But if so, then that also can modulate a sound. Does the keyboard display show values for velocity?

There are some things in the video, that could be errors, but the video don't make it clear if it is.
I think some major questions is this:
Do you manually shift between presets using you computer mouse and/ or keyboard?
Or do you have hardware issues, that does this?
Or is anything else attached that somehow can do this automaticly - like other controllers of any kind configured like the "LAUN.." i asked about?
When you use the term "Change" presets where another preset is'nt selected but the sound for the allready selected preset is changed, or do you mean "Shift" preset so another totally new preset is selected?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:19:14 pm by LBH »

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:54:40 am »
Hi,

Can you use MIDI Monitor to see what kind of CC your modwheel is sending ?

Regards,

Matthieu
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:56:37 am by Matt Arturia »

mandoplan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:08:28 am »
Thanks for the feedback LBH and Matt, I borrowed another controller from a friend, a Samson Graphite 49, to see if maybe it's my controller that's the root cause of the issue. I've been using it for an hour now in the same project where the issue was really bad and it hasn't happened once. Once I get through this deadline I"m working on now I'm going to troubleshoot using Matt's suggestion to try to find out what type of MIDI signal is being sent. I will also answer your questions LBH, thanks again to you both for the help!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines