March 28, 2024, 12:07:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Aftertouch behavior  (Read 1241 times)

VAU

Aftertouch behavior
« on: January 29, 2018, 04:46:30 pm »
last week i visited Rudi Linhard 2x
( the Moog master technician and father of the LAMM and the Viyager software ..and more...)

he switched the aftertouch board on my Voyager - its aftertouch before behaved like my Matrixbrute:
bad. on/off.  With HIS boardit works so well its sich a huge difference if you can bring in the AT
so well dosed.

also as you might  know, he expanded the patch memory for the first voyagers from ONE to EIGHT banks.

since Arturia does not update the OS or upgrade AT or patch memory,
it would be great, if somebody could mail theMatrixbrute schematics
to Rudi. He will have a look at it to check what is possible...

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Aftertouch behavior
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 04:50:22 am »
AFAIK the Voyager has an old school microcontroller with external bus and memory devices - in which case it's easy to reverse engineer for firmware modifications and even adding memory. The MatrixBrute uses a highly integrated microcontroller with an internal bus and memory - not easy to reverse engineer or modify in any way (impossible even if firmware readout is prohibited, a common security feature of such chips). So any extra memory banks are only possible if there's enough room in the flash memory inside the microcontroller chip. Could be, could not be... If there's enough for one or more banks, it would be cool to see that taken advantage of in a firmware update.

The aftertouch is indeed a bit touchy, with the sudden response, and selectable aftertouch curves is a requested feature. I hope that will happen. If not, an after market board could be made that alters the response from the resistive strip that is used (like the one you got for your Voyager). This could potentially be done without the schematics since aftertouch is a pretty simple thing electronics wise.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines