April 23, 2024, 12:35:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some questions about the sequencer  (Read 1569 times)

HUBA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Some questions about the sequencer
« on: February 08, 2018, 08:51:49 pm »
Hello

Thinking of getting the Matrixbrute and have a few questions

Could someone explain how realtime sequencing work on the matirixbrute? I assume it's quantized recording only? So limited to 1/32 resolution?

Is it possible in paraphonic mode for the sequencer to hold different sequences simultaniously?

Is there a metronome?

Is it possible to trigger envelopes or LFOs independently from note on, say placed in a sequence independent of where notes are placed?

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Some questions about the sequencer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 09:54:36 pm »
Hello

Thinking of getting the Matrixbrute and have a few questions

Could someone explain how realtime sequencing work on the matirixbrute? I assume it's quantized recording only? So limited to 1/32 resolution?
Realtime recording works by playing notes while the sequencer runs in real time record mode. You can observe the playback marker to see where in the sequence you are. It's easier to record if you have laid down something in the sequencer first (in the absence of a metronome). You can record as many passes as you want while the sequencer loops. 1/32 is the max resolution, with triplets if wanted.

Is it possible in paraphonic mode for the sequencer to hold different sequences simultaniously?
No, it's a single sequence (I've suggested paraphonic note entry as a feature, so that intervals and chords can be played).

Is there a metronome?
No. One could use MIDI sync and some external synth or other device to provide a metronome though.

Is it possible to trigger envelopes or LFOs independently from note on, say placed in a sequence independent of where notes are placed?
Envelopes are always triggered by note on. The LFOs can be synced to the sequencer with selectable division, in addition to the sync to note on.

HUBA

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Some questions about the sequencer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 02:56:23 pm »
I see. Thanks for the nice and clear answer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines