April 25, 2024, 09:26:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Compatability issues with Korg Monologue  (Read 4033 times)

BeatstepNoob

Compatability issues with Korg Monologue
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:36 pm »
I'm new to synths in general, and I just purchased a Beatstep pro. It seems to be working pretty well in general, but I'm having trouble getting it to work with my Korg Monologue.  I think the beatstep is somehow activating various filters and other settings on my Korg and adjusting their values. I can adjust the settings on the Korg to create a sound I'm happy with, but as soon as I link it to the beatstep pro, it changes. Sometimes the changes are minor, sometimes it's completely different.

I'm linking them with the midi out on the beatstep going to the midi in in the Korg.  I have not made any changes to the beatstep pro settings. I would assume the beatstep is sending some piece of information to the Korg that's messing with the settings, but I'm not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: Compatability issues with Korg Monologue
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:21:03 pm »
Hi BeatstepNoob,
Do you touch something while BSP is in CONTROL MODE (knobs, step buttons)?

Regards,
Y.

BeatstepNoob

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:51:11 pm »
No. I should say that I've only tried using it in sequencer mode. I just use the standard settings. I only adjust the pitch.

I should probably add that the beatstep pro seems to be affecting the Korg setting as soon as they are linked. Even if I try to control the korg on its own, the settings are altered as long as they are linked.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:24:16 pm »
Try de-activating every MIDI Control Change messages (CC) sent by the BSP (Transport commands CC, Touchstrip CC) in the MCC and see if it helps.
Also, have a look at your Korg Monologue MIDI chart to see what parameters may be changed via MIDI and see if it matches with the parameters which are changing themselves.

Regards,
Y.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 10:09:26 am »
No. I should say that I've only tried using it in sequencer mode. I just use the standard settings. I only adjust the pitch.

I should probably add that the beatstep pro seems to be affecting the Korg setting as soon as they are linked. Even if I try to control the korg on its own, the settings are altered as long as they are linked.

Plug your BSP into something you can record or view the MIDI output on such as a hardware sequencer with an event editor or a computer running a MIDI monitor (eg MCC with it's MIDI monitor open).  If it's altering parameters upon being connected via MIDI and not only after play has been hit, there's some wrong.  If it's only happening when you press start, stop or record then, as I grec mentioned, turn those functions off.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Dmal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 08:03:55 pm »
I have a somewhat similar experience using bsp with minilogue - out of nowhere a sequence on bsp will be transposed without any indication why this happens. To overcome this I record the sequence to some other sequencer from bsp and turn bsp off :)

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 09:11:43 am »
Hi Dmal,
A BSP sequence is transposed when you input a MIDI note to it (on the right channel), while playing a sequence.
You probably connected your Korg Minilogue MIDI Out to BSP MIDI In and played something on the Minilogue keyboard.

Regards,
Y.

Evgeny Reshetov

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 08:27:01 pm »
Hello!

Just bought BSP and connected it with my minilogue via MIDI.

The problem is that STOP button of BSP changes wavetype of OSC2 of minilogue to Noise and it changes the whole sound.
How to manage BSP not to send just note information to Monologue not affecting the sound parameters?

Thank you :)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2020, 10:37:22 pm »
Hi,
In the MCC under device settings scroll down to the transport where you will see CC for start stop and rec , you can just change these to o if you like and that will cure your issue , unless you know all the CC the Monologue uses you could find unused CC instead.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 08:25:31 am »
Hi,
In the MCC under device settings scroll down to the transport where you will see CC for start stop and rec , you can just change these to o if you like and that will cure your issue , unless you know all the CC the Monologue uses you could find unused CC instead.

Also now you can set the BSP to not send any CC messages when the transport controls are used.  Can't remember which version this happened but it's now there!  I discovered it by accident.  No more changing CC's to 123 (all notes off)  :o

In MCC go to Device Settings, scroll down to Transports and set the "Transports" drop down menu to "off".  This will send the usual MIDI transport messages but not any CC's or MMC messages.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines