March 19, 2024, 09:11:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab and alternative controllers for v collection  (Read 1870 times)

Johnnyaardvark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab and alternative controllers for v collection
« on: February 03, 2018, 02:27:56 pm »
Hi all

I am a v collection user. Mostly using it with cubase.

I am interested in the integration with keylab and the premapped controllers. I have been deliberating about buying a Keylab 25/49 maybe 2nd hand but am feeling a bit put off by peoples complaints about the keybed.

Am I being silly?

How useful are the premapped controls?

Is the keylab essential just (almost) as good?

I have good keybeds already. Triton extreme 88 sub 37 for a start (could just map sub 37 controls? )

Would I be better off with e.g. a beatstep. Playing keys on my 88 and mapping the rotary controls on the beatstep to v synths?

Is anyone else using this set up or an extra controller with faders and pots/rotary encoders with a separate keyboard?

Personally I would love it if arturia just made a premapped controller - knobs and faders maybe pads but without the keyboard.

Any alternative controller recommendations?

I'm new to the forum so not too sure if this is in the best subforum. Let me know I should post similar in another section.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Steve
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:34:52 pm by Johnnyaardvark »

Johnnyaardvark

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab and alternative controllers for v collection
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 05:25:20 pm »
In the end I've decided to have a go with a nanokontrol 2. Combined with the 4 controllers on my triton it gives me 10 + 10 controls. Only things i am missing are the present navigation and volume control. A few minor set up issues to begin with but mostly resolved and happy enough so far.

Steve

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines