March 28, 2024, 11:46:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Problems sending cc messages in control mode  (Read 1802 times)

LargeMargeDebarge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[SOLVED] Problems sending cc messages in control mode
« on: February 01, 2018, 12:29:22 am »
I am a newb with the Beatstep Pro but I am having problems sending cc messages to any midi devices (I can play notes). Particularly assigning the encoders to send cc messages in control mode. I have tried 2 different devices but its seems to me the Beatstep Pro is not sending cc messages. I think I have all parameters right in the Midi Control Center. Is there something I could be overlooking? ???

For instance, I tried the most basic set up: sending midi straight to a Volca Bass. Running on midi channel 7. I record a sequence, notes are playing, go to control mode, fiddle with the assigned knob to modulate the sound in anyway. No dice. I tried it for every midi CC 40-49.

Any help appreciated.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:22:48 am by I grec »

LargeMargeDebarge

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Problems sending cc messages in control mode
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 04:19:16 pm »
So,
I figured it out. I am a dummy.  :P

You need to upload your changes each time to the device by dragging and dropping from the  "Project Browser" to the "Device Projects" to activate it. Seems rather tedious. I can't believe you can't just hear the changes in real time and then save it. Unless I have it all wrong?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines