March 29, 2024, 11:48:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: very basic question about hooking up to computer.  (Read 3589 times)

abcdef

very basic question about hooking up to computer.
« on: March 31, 2016, 04:28:18 am »
I have an imac and want to plug my minibrute into it and use its speakers. Is that even possible? Would I use the usb cable or Midi cable?

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
Re: very basic question about hooking up to computer.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 04:22:01 pm »
The USB cable is for editing, the midi cable sync's to other devices and allows the Minibrute to be used as a controller.

If your iMac as Audio In, or a "Mic" in port, likely a 1/8" female jack, then you may be able to get an adapted cable to do so, then go into the settings folder and make the necessary adjustments.

Other than that, an audio interface is your best bet for getting audio in/out of your iMac, then get a reasonable set of studio monitors.  Even some of the cheaper M-Audio ones translate well.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

abcdef

Re: very basic question about hooking up to computer.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 03:59:56 am »
thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines