April 24, 2024, 06:24:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Step-record roller in drum tracks  (Read 1547 times)

Dean111181

• Apprentice
Step-record roller in drum tracks
« on: June 19, 2020, 09:12:26 am »
I am trying to record drums at 1/16 into a step but cant get it to work, I own a Drumbrute Impact and the process on this is as simple as holding down the appropriate time-division button and pressing a step, however doing this on the BSP plays the rollered step as its played but doesnt save the four beats to one step as the DBI does, does anyone have any idea how to work around this? I dont really want to program the roller on my DBI as I have mapped my BSP to 12 drum parts from DBI and 4 from a Circuit and use my BSP to control everything.

Apologies if this is Day-One-of-School stuff, my already-thinning hair has took a doing this week trying to work this out!

Cheers Troops, all the best.

Dean.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Step-record roller in drum tracks
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 06:19:44 am »
Unfortunately the BSP can't actually record a trigger for the roller like the Impact can.  It would be nice if it did, but I think the code for the BSP is pretty much maxed-out now with all the extra functions that have been implemented since its release.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Dean111181

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 09:13:13 pm »
Thanks megamarkd, that'll be why I can't get it to work then  :)

I have a DAWless setup (BSP, Drumbrute Impact, keystep, microfreak, Circuit, uno synth, crave) and I dont have enough hands to get round everything!!

Thanks again mate,

Dean.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 09:18:08 am »
No worries, Dean.  I know that feeling of "if only I had an extra hand...I'm pretty sure my nose can hit that button though!"  I was thinking of how to solve your issue, there is a topic that discusses remote triggering the roller in the KSP subforum.  I only skimmed the topic so haven't enough knowledge on how to do it to explain here.  :-[ 
* megamarkd has been a bit slack lately on keeping abreast the Arturia Steppy stuff
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Dean111181

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 11:10:28 am »
Excellent mate well appreciated, I will go and have a look just now and let you know how I get on, hope you have a good weekend megamarkd

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines