October 23, 2019, 11:53:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't install updates on Mac - Repeated "helper" dialogs  (Read 798 times)

JonnieCache

Can't install updates on Mac - Repeated "helper" dialogs
« on: January 27, 2018, 07:40:14 pm »
I'm trying to install updates to my Arturia software with ASC on my Mac. But, when I do, it asks me for my password to install a "helper" over and over again. I have uninstalled multiple times. I have tried dealing with permissions as described here: https://www.arturia.com/faq/utilization/asc-machine-registration-fail

Nothing has worked. It keeps asking for this.

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.3. Any help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 08:25:04 pm by JonnieCache »

blindfold

Re: Can't install updates on Mac - Repeated "helper" dialogs
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 07:11:19 am »
Johnny Cache.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same difficulty. This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back in my use of soft synths. I really have liked the new vCollection, but just updated to Mojave and did a clean wipe on my laptop, reinstalling everything today. What gives?

I'd love it if you could share your victory story.

MajorFubar

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 01:05:48 pm »
I've too have had problems installing updates through the ASC, though I haven't been pestered to download the helper tool. I found it best to do it manually by downloading everything one at a time from the downloads center:

https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

Yes it's more laborious, but it works, unlike the ASC which is flakey at best IMO.
2011 iMac 27" 2013 MBP 13" V Collection 6 Analog Lab 4 KeyLab 88 KeyLab 49 KeyStep

onlyleura

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 07:24:30 am »
What?! More people besides me have been having trouble with this stupid "Trying to install a helper app" thing in ASC. I can't get ANYTHING installed on my iMac (macOS 10.14.4), because I am repeatedly asked by the machine for permission to install some helper app, and all installs simply fail. So I have to go download every instrument from the Downloads Center to install them?!?!

CoupeChris

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 08:08:03 pm »
Yes me too! Another full wasted day trying to get things to work!
Arturia really need to get on top of this - it's not to do with permissions etc. as I've fully explored all that - believe me!
So here I am in the middle of a 'manual' download session - doesn't exactly make for an easy life and a productive evening!

What I did find is that if you change from the default 'downloads' folder in the ASC control it does stop asking to 'install the helper' - but it does do a more conventional install with the 'agree' button etc. - I set mine to install directly in the Arturia folder in applications.
Makes life a little easier but I'm still having problems with some software instruments not loading properly - I'm getting a red tinted app window (which means the plug-ins aren't being found) with the stand alone app and in Analog Lab 3 they won't load properly either - I get a notice to upgrade to a newer version - even though these are the latest!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 09:27:24 pm by CoupeChris »

JonnieCache

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 02:26:31 am »
Hi. I'm sorry I didn't see the messages earlier. I resolved the issue, but this was a long time ago and I can't remember how I did it. I have since gotten a new Mac and have had no problems with it. Wish I could be more help!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines