March 28, 2024, 01:04:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do the keys on Keylab essentials compare with Keylab?  (Read 4531 times)

DeepMini

How do the keys on Keylab essentials compare with Keylab?
« on: January 20, 2018, 07:05:13 pm »
Hi,
I'm thinking of ordering a keylab essentials from my local music store as they don't have one in stack. They do have a Keylab in stock. How do they keys compare on the 2 units? Are they the same type of keys/design?
Thanks

gphantom

Re: How do the keys on Keylab essentials compare with Keylab?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:05:54 am »
As far as I know, Keylab is a stand alone hybrid synth whereas Keylab Essential is a MIDI controller which requires a computer to run software (like Analog Lab 3).
It does have additional features that "Essential" does not like:  Semi-weighted keys and Aftertouch
It also has additional controls like: 10 programmable buttons etc.  The actual manual is here:    http://downloads.arturia.com/products/analoglab/manual/analoglab_Manual_3_0_EN.pdf
As far as I know, my "essential" does the job but a pro musician might require the Keylab itself.

LBH

Re: How do the keys on Keylab essentials compare with Keylab?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 04:55:28 pm »
Both are controllers.
And i believe both are delievered with the same software instruments.

Keylab should be better quality overall. It also has more knobs and pads.

The most important thing for the wuestion i think that is Keylab has aftertouch. And then it has semi-weighted keys. If one wan't to use aftertouch that's a part of many sounds, then a aftertouh keyboard is needed, as essentiel will not do that job. Also the feeling in the keys might be different that effect the playing expression, but that's also about personal preferences.

I have not tried the 2 keyboards, so i can relly only tell what you can read on the product pages.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines