April 23, 2018, 06:22:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Not recognized as sound device  (Read 224 times)

bandrewsays

Not recognized as sound device
« on: January 25, 2018, 03:22:36 pm »
Yesterday I went to record on my Mac and noticed that the audiofuse was not showing up in my audio preferences. I checked the USB connection, checked the power connection, and nothing was loose or unplugged. I checked on multiple computers with only the data USB plugged in, as well as both USB plugs connected and the Control Center still does not recognize the AudioFuse is connected. To determine if this was an issue with the cabling, I verified that the USB-Hub feature is still working on the audiofuse.

It's as though the audiofuse sound card disappeared or something. I'm not sure what would be causing this. Is this a known issue?

terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Not recognized as sound device
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 09:59:04 pm »
Hi did you resolve this issue?  could try deleting the midi driver in audio midi set up then plug it back in again  or a hard reset by holding down the  main mono and cue wile powering up.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Audiofuse, DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE ,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute.se,
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL5, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Not recognized as sound device
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:44:03 am »
Hi bandrewsays, and welcome on this board.
Sorry you're encountering such issue.
When plugging the unit with USB Cable only, are you sure you plugged the thicker part of the double-usb cable?
Thicker part carries power + data, thinner part only carries extra power.
Please also note that the unit won't be recognized if you plug DC power + the thinner part of the usb cable only.

If you still have recognition issues, it can be good to perform a factory reset of your unit, as TerryM said ( Hi Terry! Thanks ! :) )
you have to hold Main Cue selector + Mono buttons while powering up the unit with Dc connection only ( the 2 first buttons under the big main output knob)

Hope this helps,
looking forward to read you,
best,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines