March 28, 2024, 11:02:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] BSP & Nov Circuit Drums  (Read 2407 times)

sdv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[SOLVED] BSP & Nov Circuit Drums
« on: January 24, 2018, 02:31:23 am »
I've hooked up my BSP (firmware 2.0) to my Novation Circuit and BSP will play the Circuit two synths (on MIDI chnls 1 & 2) but will not play play the Circuit drums (which are on MIDI chnl 10) even though I have my BSP set to those particular channels. I recorded the MIDI coming out of my BSP into a DAW and can confirm that it's sending note info out on those channels.
I've tried my BSP with two different Circuit's with the same result.  I've seen some YouTube videos of a BSP driving a Circuit so know that it must be possible. Just curious if anyone else has a BSP working with a Circuit?

Thanks in advance!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:49:39 pm by I grec »

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: BSP & Nov Circuit Drums
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 08:53:59 am »
Hi sdv,
You need to match the MIDI notes sent by BSP and those used by Novation Circuit.
You can set this in the Arturia MIDI Control Center -> DEVICE SETTINGS -> Drum Map

Regards,
Y.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 09:00:49 am »
Have you sequenced the Circuit's drums via another MIDI sequencer?  Another thing to note with the Circuit is you need to tell it to respond to incoming MIDI notes and clock at start up by holding shift as you start it.  I can't remember the buttons exactly right now but receive and send for both notes and clock are set there.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

sdv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 05:56:09 pm »
Great tips, guys!! I was able to get my BSP mapped to the Circuit and all is good. I had been driving the Circuit from an Electribe and the notes matched up perfectly (so I took that for granted). However, I did go into the MMC and map the drum notes individually for the Circuit. I looked up the MIDI implementation on Novation's website and the notes for the Circuit are 60, 62, 64, 65.

Thanks again!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines