April 16, 2024, 08:15:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using the audio input with a microphone  (Read 1605 times)

cwhiley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using the audio input with a microphone
« on: January 22, 2018, 03:57:46 am »
I am thinking about using the audio input on my MB on a microphone with my saxophone. I am pretty sure that I should use a preamp in order to do this.

#1 I am using a Blue Encore 200 dynamic mic which requires +48V of phantom power which the preamp will provide.

#2 In order to convert the balanced XLR connection on the mic to an unbalanced TS connection I'll need the preamp to do this as well.

Will this be an acceptable set-up?

Here's a more complex question. What would be a good way to set the MB up in order to achieve interesting tones? I'm looking for some sort of semi-natural/semi-synthetic tone that is sort of a blend between the horn's sound and a synth sound. I plan on adding a little reverb or maybe some delay using the analog effects section once I dial something in. I'm just unsure of what do do on the MB's control panel to get started.

Thanks.

joeman

• Apprentice
    • Musical Experiments
Re: Using the audio input with a microphone
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 04:20:00 am »
Here's a more complex question. What would be a good way to set the MB up in order to achieve interesting tones? I'm looking for some sort of semi-natural/semi-synthetic tone that is sort of a blend between the horn's sound and a synth sound. I plan on adding a little reverb or maybe some delay using the analog effects section once I dial something in. I'm just unsure of what do do on the MB's control panel to get started.

This is the easy part! Explore and enjoy.

To try:

1) turn External Input up, mixing with synth sound or not to your heart's content.
2) use gain from microphone input as a modulater in the matrix section (ENV Follow).
3) Combination of 1) and 2).

So much awesomeness to explore and enjoy. :)
Experiencing a flow of temporal information now, and in anticipation, and in retrospect.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines