March 28, 2024, 01:32:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: DX7 V Virus Issue?  (Read 2106 times)

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
DX7 V Virus Issue?
« on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:49 pm »
I updated to the latest version of DX7 V through the ASC. I use BitDefender and it's blocking some of the extracted files as virus threats.

Has anyone else had this? Is this a false positive?

Paul.

LBH

Re: DX7 V Virus Issue?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 09:31:40 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Sometimes with Arturias applications i experience the same on my laptop where i use paid Avast. Avast lab come back after a while and say it's clean. So yes it's probably a false positive.
But i would like Arturia to look at it to avoid this.

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 11:09:18 pm »
Thanks. Good to know it's not just me! I'll try again later in the week and see if it's been flagged as a false positive.

In the meantime, I'll try going back to version 1.0. because the file was blocked during installation it seems to have corrupted something.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:22:48 pm »
Your welcome.

I don't think anything is corrupt.
Your protection will block the install, if it take the application for a virus.
Normally you manually can find a way to say you trust the vendor and install anyway in a protection system. Normally this is not recommended, but Arturias applications should be okay.
(Often you can say it's a false positive and send that information to the virus lab.)

Otherwise you perhaps have to wait untill the file have been examined, if you have got a message, that it's send to a lab to be checked. Please check how your protection system works to find out what happens, to be sure it's send to a lab to be checked.

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 12:11:40 am »
I tired to go back to the original release (from the archives) and it's now blocking this one too. How strange....

It's reporting it as Gen:Variant.Symmi.81674 which is something generic which displays virus like behaviour (rather than a specific virus). I wonder if this is because it's installing files into ProgramData?

According to VirusTotal, it's clean. Although it's only when I install that BitDefender picks it up.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/765483976e73134276092967b334c87d0ef1f31ac98779144dd1864060ad1309/detection

LBH

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 12:22:26 am »
Can't you tell BitDefender it's a clean application and then install?
I don't know anything about BitDefender.

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 02:10:54 am »
I could, but is it definitely? :)

LBH

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 02:40:46 am »
As said, then i don't know about BitDefender. But i will assume it is definitely for this version at least.
Also as i wrote, then if it's reported, then BitDefender will be updated to not see it as a virus, and thus not block it.
But when a new version of Arturia application arrive, then it perhaps can happen again. It only happens sometimes. It also have to do with BitDefenders antivirus definitions.
Beside it's annoying and i think Arturia should look at what coarses this, then there should be nothing to worry about. But if you worry and wan't to be completely certain that Arturia software is'nt a virus, then wait to install untill BitDefender no longer block it. Just report the issue to BitDefender and wait for green light. But you can read about what to do and what happens in BitDefender instructions.

paultumelty

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 06:24:08 pm »
I reported this both Arturia and BitDefender as a 99.9% false positive :)

Somebody must have done something because today it has installed perfectly!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines