April 20, 2024, 05:34:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Storing the instrument in cold conditions  (Read 1070 times)

cwhiley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Storing the instrument in cold conditions
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:54:39 pm »
It's about to drop down to 5 degrees here in ARKANSAS (almost unheard of here) where I live tonight. I just bought the MatrixBrute....haven't even owned it for a month. Now, it's set-up in my basement studio. I don't heat this room and it does get cold but probably not colder than 25 F or so. However with 5 degree temperatures tonight I'm a little concerned. I have put a space heater down there on low...and I'm not trying to operate the instrument under those conditions...it's just sitting.

Will I break it? Please advise. Thank you.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Storing the instrument in cold conditions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 01:42:09 am »
Storing it in those temps shouldn't hurt the synth. However, sudden temperature changes aren't too good for electronics because of thermal expansion/contraction and the possibility of moisture forming inside the unit due to condensation. If you have it at those temps (25F is -4C, 5F is -15C - conversion for my own benefit..), do not switch it on until it has acclimated to the temperature in the room, assuming that you'll heat the room when working there. It's hard to say exactly how long you should wait, but when it's no longer very/icy cold to the touch, it should be safe to switch it on - could be an hour, or it could be more or less - you'll just have to use your judgement. 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines