April 24, 2024, 09:01:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: External MIDI control of BSP Transport etc?  (Read 1540 times)

jshipp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
External MIDI control of BSP Transport etc?
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:11:18 am »
Hi, sorry, clearly I'm not sure if this belongs in feature requests or technical issues. (relocated it from the latter.)

I just bought a Keith McMillen 12-Step MIDI foot controller, because it has a reputation for being very easy to configure to send whatever messages you want, and I was looking forward to using it with my DAW-less multi-synth setup that's mostly controlled by a BeatStep Pro.

I sort of assumed I would be able to use it to remotely trigger the BSP's play/pause and stop buttons, along with the mute button for each sequencer.  (Other functions might be cool, but those would be most essential.) The idea is that I can have sequences going from the BSP to my synths and play other instruments continuously with my hands while being able to stop, start, and mute BSP sequences with my feet.

Was I wrong?  Manual seems to say somewhere that the BSP does not accept CC/MIDI control over Transport (which leaves me little hope for the mute buttons).  Can it really be that Arturia made these tiny buttons the only way to control these most essential of functions on the BSP?  I know the answer is probably 'read the manual twice,' but I'm busy and need to return this KMI controller in fairly short order if I guessed wrong here, so if you know offhand, your advice would be well appreciated.

Again, simply put I'm looking to go KMI 12-step --> BSP --> synths and a sampler, and I'm wondering if I can use the KMI to start, stop, and mute without having a daw or a computer or an ipad involved...

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
Re: External MIDI control of BSP Transport etc?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:59:33 am »
Hi jshipp,
This is not possible at this time. Maybe in a future update.

Regards,
Y.

jshipp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: External MIDI control of BSP Transport etc?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:07:19 pm »
thanks very much.  I hope so.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines