March 28, 2024, 10:37:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Loop Problems  (Read 7143 times)

cheesedetective

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi Loop Problems
« on: January 14, 2018, 11:43:07 am »
Is anyone else having difficulty using the MB with midi. I've tride everything but when I play the MB it hangs and cannot play anymore. I've tried it via USB and midi using ProTools and via my Akai MPC.

cheesedetective

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Midi Loop Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:11:11 pm »
Is nobody using a MB with Pro Tools??

cheesedetective

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 10:18:56 am »
Thanks but half of the threads are form me and the rest I've seen already and do not address the problem I have.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 05:23:41 pm »
OK. Re. the quoted posting below, I assume you've tried to set the MxB to different transmit and receive channels, just to see if that works(?) With most DAWs you just need to disable MIDI through to avoid loops, but I'm not familiar with PT.

Bit of an old topic but I've been trying to get my Matrixbrute working with PT12 using midi via USB and it's proving tricky. I've followed your instructions but this only allows me to play the MB via another USB device. If I set the MIDI Input Device to MB then I get a nidiloop and it stops working. If I turn thiss off I cannot use the MB as a trigger?

manfredd

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 02:21:10 pm »
I was having issues with Ableton Live and MIDI until I turned off  "Enable 14-bit automation" in the MIDI Control center under device.

Just throwing this out there for others searching for settings to check.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:23:17 pm by manfredd »

Tripi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 08:26:01 pm »
That problem happens for me too in Live if it is causing a MIDI loop.  Make sure it's not transmitting the MIDI data back to the MB.

hecthehec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 08:24:11 pm »
I'm having issues too. I have my Matrixbrute connected to my MPC2500 and I'm getting a MIDI loop I can't solve. No software involved, just the MPC connected to the MB

Any help? Can't see to find a solution around the forum. I have switch off 14-bit automation as somebody pointed but it's still not working :(  I have worked with a lot of hardware with my MPC and I've never had a problem before

I want to connect it both as input and output, I've always done with my analog synths, so I can play both from the MPC pads and keyboards, and the stuff I record in the MPC is played in the MB
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 09:10:58 pm by hecthehec »

hecthehec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2018, 10:14:49 am »
Any help?

hecthehec

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 03:13:14 pm »
For those out there having MIDI loop feedback problems with the MPC, you need to go to the MIDI settings on your MPC and set "Soft thru" to OFF

cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines