April 25, 2024, 05:00:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI CCs as Modulation Sources  (Read 1423 times)

kenland

• Apprentice
MIDI CCs as Modulation Sources
« on: January 13, 2018, 07:11:59 pm »
First of all, I'm loving the new V Collection 6.  There are many great updates throughout and the new DX7 V, Clavinet V, Piano V2 and others have just blown me away with how good they sound and (even more important to me) is how useful they are.  The Piano V2 immediately found it's way onto multiple tracks of a project I'm producing right now, and really raised the bar sonically!!!

I have one real frustration with the V Collection synths, and that is on addressing the Mod Destinations.  Would it be possible to add the ability on a stored-per-patch basis to use any available MIDI CC as a Mod Source?  I realize that the MIDI Controller Config functionality lets you do that effectively, but when using these soft synths in a live situation (and I do often) being able to address and Mod Destination from a chosen CC without having to deal with a second layer of interaction would be a Godsend.

For example, one of my main instruments is a Steiner MIDI EVI.  When blown into (in it's base configuration) the pressure sensor outputs MIDI CC#2 (Breath Control).  As of right now (and I may be wrong) to address parameters on all the synths with the exception of DX7 V I have to go through the MIDI Controller Config function.

Please add a function to allow any MIDI CC to be selected as a source internally in the synths themselves.

Thanks!

Ken
Engineer, Producer, Musician.  Lots of cool gear and lots of crappy gear.  Most gets used!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines