April 23, 2024, 09:38:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I run V collection 6 alongside V collection 4?  (Read 2379 times)

Dark_Arts

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can I run V collection 6 alongside V collection 4?
« on: January 22, 2018, 08:02:49 pm »
Hi All,

I just bought V collection 6, but before I install, I just want to know if I can run V Collection 4 alongside, as I have many ongoing projects which use V collection 4 plug ins, and obviously will still need to use V collection 4 to complete them.

Thanks in advance
Dark_ Arts

LBH

Re: Can I run V collection 6 alongside V collection 4?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 08:14:40 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Yes. I do.
Also to use the preset updater/ converter (if you wan't to use it), then you do need to have the old presets installed.  Updated presets form VC4 applications may not sound the same in the new applications.
The preset system was changed from VC5 and all applications is different from then on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:22:52 pm by LBH »

Dark_Arts

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:39:02 pm »
Thanks for the swift response,

so, to be clear, if I install 6 now, and I open a project using plug ins from 4, that project will use the plug ins from 4, rather than trying to substitute with equivalent devices from 6, correct?

I doubt I'll bother with the preset converter, I'm gonna just start from scratch with new presets of my own on 6.

Thanks in advance :)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 09:35:33 pm »
I can't take the responsibility for you.

But It worked for me, when i upgraded from VC4 to VC5.
The VC4 applications have it's own ID's it look like, and should therefor be loaded in old projects like now, if you don't change anything.
Can't remember how the setup procedure was. Allways read the dialog boxes and act accordingly.
Keep in mind you need Analog Lab for VC4 if you use Analog Lab and wan't to open VC4 applications in it. You can't use VC4 applications in Analog Lab 2 or 3.

However - You never know when something might change. At a point you perhaps can't use a discontinuet application like a VC4 application anymore. Other applications and your OS changes for different reasons. And a install can go wrong.
If you convert a track to audio you don't need the plug-in, and you keep the old sound as much as it's possible.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:37:13 pm by LBH »

Dark_Arts

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 09:57:25 pm »
I guess it's best to finish up my V4 projects, or at least bounce the parts to audio before installing V6, best to be on the safe side :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines