March 28, 2024, 01:23:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FR: Build in MIDI note transposer when using the transpose tip in the manual  (Read 2734 times)

LBH

The tip in section "5.3.2. Transpose" on page 38 in the manual is great. It can make a huge differnce in the sound.
But i don't think it's good, that you are forced to transpose your keyboard or MIDI notes, to use this possibility.
Therefor i suggest to have a build in MIDI note mapper/ router/ transposer, that  you can switch on and save with the preset, so sounds will be in tune on every preset you select no matter your keyboard transpose setting or DAW track transpose settings.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:57:02 pm by LBH »

Beakybird

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Are there other VSTs that have this feature? 

LBH

Are there other VSTs that have this feature?
The MIDI note mapper/ router/ transposer?

A MIDI note mapper/ router/ transposer is in it self used in more or less advanced versions. Some also can build intervals and chords based on a single played note. But i don't know if any instrument plug-ins have one build in.

But in this case the Global tension semitones tuning is used for sound design. And it can be a vital part of the sound design. (It's a tip in the manual. Have you read that?) So i think the feature should be build into Piano V2, so the setting can be stored with the preset as a part of the sound design.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:20:15 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines