April 27, 2024, 02:06:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Only 2 notes in Paraphonic Mode?  (Read 1256 times)

Daedalus

Only 2 notes in Paraphonic Mode?
« on: January 06, 2018, 01:37:26 am »
Hi all, it’s my first post in this forum since getting a Matrixbrute (which I love!). If anyone knows what I’m doing wrong here, I’d appreciate the help.

Basically, right up until yesterday, paraphonic mode was working as expected. I even created a patch using it. Now however, I’m only ever hearing 2 notes/voices playing at the same time. This behavior is consistent in both, the existing and my own presets. I cannot find any setting that would seem to cause this, and no information in the manual or online.

It seems that VCO3 gets assigned the same note as either VCO1 or VCO2 by the digital scanner. So when I play a triad I only hear two notes, with one of them doubling one of the other VCOs.

I’ve restarted the MxB to no avail, the behavior persists. Is there a way to reset the unit or am I doing something obviously wrong?

Thanks for any help!
Luc

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: Only 2 notes in Paraphonic Mode?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 09:48:11 pm »
I don't know what it could be, or what you could do (apart from the old "Try reinstalling the latest firmware...").

However, you can try out the attached preset, which is a straight paraphonic patch - just a saw wave from each osc through an open ladder filter, nothing more that might confuse matters. If that works, at least your synth engine is working, and the problem might be something else.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:18:26 pm by DrJustice »

Daedalus

Re: Only 2 notes in Paraphonic Mode?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 12:51:02 am »
DrJustice, thank you so much for this and apologies for my late reply. I’ve downloaded and tried your patch, but still no success. All I hear is two out of the three notes, heard very clearly when the notes are played in succession and held: the third note steals the voice from the first.

I will now try re-installing the firmware and see if that resolves the issue. Will report back if there are changes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines