April 26, 2024, 06:33:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: LFO Triplets  (Read 2226 times)

Lunatic Sound

LFO Triplets
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:02:39 pm »
Hi everyone,

I feel weird and kinda stupid, cause I canīt find a way to make the LFOs play triplets, when in Sequencer Sync mode. But then I also canīt find anything on this in these forums, no one asking about it, no feature requests... So am I missing something?

Thank you all!

Leon

edit: shortened the question
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:30:22 pm by Lunatic Sound »

Speedball030

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • Make music, not loudness war.
    • My music on Soundcloud
Re: LFO Sync (am I too stupid?)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 10:41:21 pm »
Hi there!

Had to try it out on my MB, but I cannot get any of the LFOs to do triplets at all.
It seems that they are locked to even multiples of the current beat.

minus_ego

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 12:20:11 am »
Hello.  I haven't tried this out on my brute yet but if the LFO's are sync'ing to the sequencer clock/tempo can you just set the sequencer beat division to triplet?

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 02:20:49 am »
Thanks for the answers!

I quickly checked setting the sequencer to triplet divisions and the LFO does indeed restart every 3 8th notes for example, buuut that still doesn't allow me to sync to an external master and have thr LFO play triplets over a straight sequencer pattern,  I guess.

I will do further research tomorrow night and update here, but I just so wish there was a proper manual...

Lunatic Sound

Re: LFO Triplets
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 12:33:26 pm »
Actually, no, I missed, that the LFO was set to retrigger, and that is why I had the impression, they would be syncing in triplets, but they didnīt, they were just retriggered by the sequencer...

I still canīt really believe this. A massive bass heavy mono synth, that canīt modualte in triplet divisions?

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2019, 08:45:39 pm »
Just found this old post. Yeah should have searched before I made exactly the same post just now.

So this is fact no triplets? WHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY! boo hoo
No but seriously WHHHHHHHHYYYY!!!!!!

My old Voyager can do this.

Lunatic Sound

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 04:38:22 pm »
It is one of 3 reasons why I mostly stopped using the MatrixBrute apart from its Keyboard.

I really cannot believe it, still. I also don't understand why none of the reviews I had read ever mentioned it.

standingwave

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 09:26:43 pm »
Arturia pay for most of those reviews don't they. There was so much marketing hype around this synth.
 Has anyone seen the Fyre Festival documentary, this is beginning to look similar.
 Lots of hype,  lack of substance or support from Arturia.
 I f$%&ing love this synth for what it could be, for what it should be. Just frustrated that it isn't being looked after by the company that claims to have a passion for its instruments.

Chromat1c

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 12:43:37 pm »
Anybody know if this actually could be implemented with a firmware update? Or is it a hardware thing that cannot be implemented?

What analogue mono synths that have sync able LFOs can do dotted and triplet values? My old voyager CAN do that but it is a menu dive and not terribly reliable. Oh I have a DSI eVolver and that can easily do dotted and triplets.

This synth has a load of modulation funk but is really missing out on the whole concept of syncopation in music. This is a musical instrument do I really have to build my own sync-able LFO and feed it into the CV just to get triplets?

I wonder what the story from Arturia on this is. Like did they just forget to implement it?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 06:14:21 pm by Chromat1c »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines