March 29, 2024, 06:34:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: VC5 converted preset 3 db quieter and with less bass boost  (Read 2399 times)

simonfloris

• Apprentice
VC5 converted preset 3 db quieter and with less bass boost
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:07:04 am »
Hi,

I'm going through some old ideas and thought about exchanging the v2 sounds by the same user presests, converted  to v3 (with help of the vc5 converter).  Now I noticec that they sound different. I have less of a bassboost in a bass I used, and it is 3db quieter overall.  Is this a known issue?

Best regards,

Simon

LBH

Re: VC5 converted preset 3 db quieter and with less bass boost
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 06:04:15 pm »
Hi,

I'm going through some old ideas and thought about exchanging the v2 sounds by the same user presests, converted  to v3 (with help of the vc5 converter).  Now I noticec that they sound different. I have less of a bassboost in a bass I used, and it is 3db quieter overall.  Is this a known issue?

Best regards,

Simon

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I don't know if Arturia consider this to be an issue. But i think it is.

Things about this issue has been mentioned in several posts in the different forums if you search a little.

For example here:
THE OUTPUT IN MINI V3 IS TOO LOW. - https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=89659.0
MORE REPORTING AND QUESTIONS ABOUT FUNCTIONALITY AND PARAMETERS. - https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=91319.0 - Read the first post - perhaps mostly the second half about Emphasis/ Resonance.

There can be different reasons for the lower output and the sound differences.

Beside this, then it's known that the sound in MINI V3 is different from MINI V2. Especially for sounds using Emphasis. When you use the preset converter you actually get a warning about the old MINI V sounds can sound different in MINI V3. Have'nt you read that?
So do Arturia consider this as issues like some of us do? I think they should.

In generel i don't exspect to be able to just switch to the new VC5 version plug-ins where older is used in a project allready. Actually ithe sound shoud be different, if there actually has been made the announced sound improovements.

I like if  and apllications sound different if it's for the better, and sound more authentic and for example create the same sounding sounds as in a patchbook when using the same settings as on the original hardware synth. But that's not fully the case here. There is room for improovements.

Best
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:30:08 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines