April 23, 2024, 09:54:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab Essential connectivity with Studio One 3  (Read 3889 times)

Dansole

Keylab Essential connectivity with Studio One 3
« on: December 31, 2017, 05:15:37 am »
Hi,
Just purchased a Keylab Essential 61 . I've been playing around with the keyboard trying to integrate it with Studio One 3.
I'm running a Windows 10 Pc with the latest firmware on the KLE. I've also been using your resources on this forum to help me out. Next time I think I should read these posts before spending a few hours chasing my tail  :D

I have setup the KLE as instructed here:

Add a Mackie Control device : select DAWIn and DAWOut if you are on Mac, otherwise on PC select MIDIIN2 and MIDIOUT2
    Then to use Analog Lab 2 with no conflicts add a "New Keyboard", select Arturia Keylab Essential on "Receive From" and do not set anything on "Send To".

To be sure that the communication between your DAW and the KLE is fine, just hit play and stop on Studio One and the Keylab Essential should react.

You'll find that Keylab Essential uses 2 Midi port : The first one is for basic MIDI communication and the other one is dedicated to the MCU/HUI protocol.

So far things are working fine but under "send to" above I didn't leave it blank (read it too quickly) and selected Arturia Keylab Essentials here as well.
Any specific reason why this needs to be left blank?

Also I was having the exact same problem as another user posted for his Cubase daw but again I am using Studio One 3:

More troubling is the channel faders, if I move the slider up and down on the controller, I can see it trying to move in Cubase, but it seems to get hung up/stuck and does not respond for a while, if I keep moving the slider sometimes it will jump a little in Cubase but then get stuck again as I'm moving it. It is less of a minor sticking and more of an unusable control - it's mostly unresponsive despite seeming to work sometimes.

Normal transport controls work great, the pan knobs, undo, save, punch, all appear to work properly. It is only the channel faders and metro button I am having issues with.

The suggestion that I read in this forum was to select "jump" instead of "pickup" in the Daw Fader Mode settings in the MCC.
This solved my problem as well!!!.  Can you tell me why this is the case?
Also you should put this tidbit on your website for settings under the specific daws. I think this would be extremely helpful.

As far as practical use of the faders. If I'm working on a project and then go onto another project and return (with the faders in different positions) wouldn't all of the volume levels be changed once I move the faders just a tad? How would I prevent that from happening?

Thanks so much for the help.

Dan

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines