April 20, 2024, 08:37:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arp/Seq only function in internal mode  (Read 2418 times)

deansheldon

Arp/Seq only function in internal mode
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:38:48 am »
It seems any event in which I try to use the Keystep as slave, both arp and sequencing functions don't respond, though basic midi control still works. In my most stripped-down setup, I'm running the Keystep into my iPad Pro (running iOS 11.2.1) running Korg Gadget, via the camera connection adapter. Keystep is set to USB sync, and Gadget is set to internal MIDI sync, but neither the seq nor the arp function (transport buttons still light up, blink, etc.) whether or not Gadget's clock is running. When attempting to isolate the problem, switching to my laptop (OSX El Capitan) using Garageband, or using other VST apps on multiple other iPads didn't yield different results. Just to be clear, when set to internal, the Keystep's arp and seq features work as designed. I'm also positive the dip switches are set correctly to 'USB'. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 12:41:19 am by deansheldon »

Ott

Re: Arp/Seq only function in internal mode
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:45:59 am »
Arp and sequencer will not function without a clock. Make sure that your host is sending MIDI clock.

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
Re: Arp/Seq only function in internal mode
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:13:57 am »
Have you another USB MIDI device you can connect to your Switch to confirm it's sending clock?  Also do you have a different USB MIDI device you can send MIDI to your Keystep with?
My other question is how is your Keystep being powered?  Obviously it's getting enough power to turn on but is it enough power to also send the MIDI data correctly?  In situations where regular MIDI is sent to MIDI powered processors (such as splitters), if there is not enough power being sent over the MIDI cable, the data will be corrupted.  I'm wondering if there may be similar issues with not enough power over USB.
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines