March 28, 2024, 03:26:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: New skin with clearer, easier to read legend  (Read 4216 times)

jeffbart

New skin with clearer, easier to read legend
« on: January 02, 2017, 09:03:17 pm »
Hi
As per http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87544.0

Could we get a new skin that has much clearer,  better colour/contrast, crisper larger font etc as per the suggestions in link above?

thanks Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: New skin with clearer, easier to read legend
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:10:05 am »
Spot on. Other than being re-sizeable, V3 seems a visual backward step from V2. V2 has much better skeuomorphism, more readable controls, easier to see whether switches are on/off/middle, and the preset buttons light up when they're pressed. I also agree [from your other thread] that having to look at the foot of the window for control values is counter-intuitive.

Not sure whether this counts as a feature request but I'd like Arturia to re-visit the sound engine for the CS80 as well. It doesn't appear to have changed much since V1 was launched a very long time ago and IMO is now the weakest of all V Collection synths in terms of authenticity. The sound always has a digital crispiness to it, which is the absolute antithesis of the buttery smooth analog sound of a real CS80. Additionally, the authenticity of the presets compared to the equivalent presets on a real CS80 is particularly poor, and more authentic sounding presets can be had by adjusting the controls oneself. Perhaps someone at Arturia can just beg borrow or steal a real one for a weekend and get the presets nailed instead of seemingly trying to guess what they should sound like.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:20:16 am by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

jeffbart

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 06:40:55 am »
+1 what MajorFubar said
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Globus

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:57:03 am »
Doubleplus infinity on that.

This software could and should be very good. If there is any synthesizer worth doing well in software, surely this would be the one.
Or failing that, a GX-1 emulation.

It is very frustrating, because everyone seems to think the ME80 is superior, which I guess is true in the sense of 'character'.
To my ears though, the overall sound quality of that one is somewhat inferior, despite the fact it offers a more recognizable sound of a CS.
If that makes sense?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines