March 29, 2024, 05:51:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Missing TYPES  (Read 1600 times)

gphantom

Missing TYPES
« on: December 23, 2017, 08:47:07 pm »
There is missing the TYPE category in Analog Lab 3 that Analog lab 2 had.  I spent a lot of time going through the types such as PADS in order to create my own list.  In Analog Lab 3, that category is no longer there.  I have to re-install Analog Lab 2 in order to get those back.
It would be nice to re-include those in Analog Lab 3 in order to get to them again.  Or I need both 2 and 3 to sort through.

LBH

Re: Missing TYPES
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 11:27:02 pm »
If you click on one of the 4 icon buttons SYNTHS/ PIANOS/ ORGANS/ MULTI in Analog Lab 3, then the option for Instruments, Types and Styles will appear. Click on the small text to open. I think the text is too small, but it's there.

gphantom

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 12:41:07 am »
Yes, the TYPEs are in the middle lists but, I'm talking about also having the TYPES on the left side of the window, like in Analog lab 2.  The reason is that I don't want to have to look at 8000 instruments and scroll down to the type I want.  In ANALOG 2, you have (UNDER THE SEARCH/Left side window) TYPES list, BANKS list, CHARACTERISTICS list, INSTRUMENTS list (as well as PLAYLISTS.)  I may want to display the list which includes the [FACTORY bank] and [BASS type] and [COMPLEX characteristics] and the [ARP 2600 instrument]
Which means the list in the middle starts with 5413, then 622, then 63, then finally 8 instruments.

Analog lab 3's display on the left is nicer, with the button look and feel but, Analog Lab 2 has more options to display what we want to.  Less clutter, smaller lists etc.

Phil (the perfectionist)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 03:03:29 am »
I'm also talking about the left panel in AL3.
Have a look at the attached image.

gphantom

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 03:51:44 pm »
That would be nice to see but, the attachment I just sent is what I see.  See?

P.S.  I just noticed that the TYPES appear when I select a category (i.e. SYNTHS, PIANOS, ORGANS, MULTI) however, I would like to see the TYPES and CHARACTERISTICS appear always.  In Analog Lab 2, if I didn't want to see CHARACTERISTICS for example, I could click on the arrow and the list would be condensed.  I have created my own lists and BASS might appear in both PIANOS and ORGANS but I want to see my list of BASS instruments without having to click on PIANOS and ORGANS if they weren't in PIANOS.
See what I mean?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:46:39 pm by gphantom »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 05:16:08 pm »
Yes i actually also think it's annoying you have to select a instrument to pick types.
I would like it to appear all the time just like Banks does, in case you wan't to search the same Type or Style for all instruments at the same time.

Also i don't see the point in the current AL3 system. I would say that when you pick a certain names instrument, then only the Banks, Types and Styles (Characteristics) for that instrument should be visible, when you open thise categories. Just toning down what's not availble is'nt good. You still have everything to pick from, so it don't give you a better overview like i think it should, and i think it's supposed to do.

I hope the current system is a mistake, that will be corrected. Each time you make a selection of some sort, then things that don't match that selection, should be visible at all. That would give better overview, and be meaningful for a preset selection system.

gphantom

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »
Looks like I'm going to un-install Analog Lab 3 and restore Analog Lab 2.  If I create a "GUITAR" type using one of the instruments i.e. ARP, I don't want to have to select each instrument type (SYNTH, PIANO, ORGAN, MULTI) in order to locate my setting so, until the TYPES are restored without pre-selecting an instrument type then I'm returning to Analog Lab 2.

jblongz

• Multi-Engineer
    • JBlongz YouTube
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 06:07:07 am »
I agree, its a weird change from Analog Lab 2, also the presets load slower in my experience.  I thought Analog Lab 2 had everything going great...I wonder why they changed.
MacBook Pro M1 MacOS13 16GB | Asus ProArt i7 12700H 64GB
V9 Collection | Live 11 | Logic X | Maschine MK3 | Cubase 12 | Bitwig 5

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines