March 29, 2024, 01:34:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I restore the default soundset?  (Read 2644 times)

Jonespnice

• Apprentice
How do I restore the default soundset?
« on: November 23, 2019, 05:36:11 am »
I had imported a DX7 sound bank (sysex.) but it's not a sound set that I like, how do I go about resetting the sound set?

LBH

Re: How do I restore the default soundset?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 01:44:15 pm »
Hi and wellcome to Arturia forums.

On windows - If you hoover over the preset Bank you don't wan't in the preset browser and right click your mouse, then you can choose to delete the bank in the menu that pop up.
There's a similar way on a mac i believe.

Jonespnice

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 03:12:03 pm »
I’m not seeing a preset bank, all the new presets are intermingled with the default presets. How do I display the preset banks instead of the individual presets?

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 04:22:56 pm »
Does'nt you in example have a Factory bank in the left side of the browser window? If you can't see it, then click on the little arrow where it reads "BANKS" to display the banks. You should be able to see it. (Please look in the manual section "3.4. The Preset browser". The BANKS is at the same place as the pictures show TYPES and more.
The imported files should have created at least one bank there.

You can also just delete the folders where the imported presets are located. This is the paths:
OSX: /Library/Arturia/Presets
WIN: C:\ProgramData\Arturia\Presets - ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you have to enable windows to be adle to show hidden folders and files, before you can see it.

If the presets for some reason should not have there own bank/ folder, then you can un- and reinstall DX7 V and be sure all DX7 V presets are removed from the above folder mentioned above, before you reinstall.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:26:49 pm by LBH »

Jonespnice

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 06:15:22 pm »
Ok I see it now. What I did wrong was I click on the currently selected preset and then it displayed all the presets, but I should have clicked on the preset browser icon. Nevertheless I got it together, I appreciate the help.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines