March 19, 2024, 06:55:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse - High Resolution Audio - Audio Interface DAC Capability?  (Read 3854 times)

jwlehman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I just received my AudioFuse and like most I plan to use with my DAW in my home studio. 

I've started to explore the high resolution audio world, and I am wondering if the DAC in the AudioFuse is capable of playing the audio files in their native format?  I am using JRiver Media Center Software as my audio player. 

Am I over simplifying this? I have looked at high resolution audio player hardware and don't want to spend the $$$ if it's unnecessary. I get most of my high resolution audio from hdtracks.com. Mostly flac files, but there are other formats available and the JRiver Audio player can play multiple formats.

Here's a sample of the bitrates of these hi resolution audio files:

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: AudioFuse - High Resolution Audio - Audio Interface DAC Capability?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 10:32:53 am »
Hi jwlehman , and welcome on this board.
It shouldn't be a problem to play these files, as the AudioFuse can play Audio files up to 192 khz/24 bit (or 96khz /24 bit when ADAT is enabled).
About the file format itself, it will depend of the media player used. From my side i always play files through VLC media player.

best,

jwlehman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: AudioFuse - High Resolution Audio - Audio Interface DAC Capability?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:54:07 am »
Hi jwlehman , and welcome on this board.
It shouldn't be a problem to play these files, as the AudioFuse can play Audio files up to 192 khz/24 bit (or 96khz /24 bit when ADAT is enabled).
About the file format itself, it will depend of the media player used. From my side i always play files through VLC media player.

best,

Thank you!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines