March 29, 2024, 02:58:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sending audio into Easel  (Read 3674 times)

jamesb

Sending audio into Easel
« on: December 18, 2017, 03:49:14 pm »
Hi folks,
Can anyone tell me how to get audio into the Easel? My understanding is you can send audio in via the ext input of the preamp section.
I'm using Cubase 9.5 Elements, but can't see a way of using Easel as an effect. I'd also like to use Easel as a processor in standalone mode, but can't see a way of inputting audio that way either.

I've read that you can use a side-chain input in other software (Logic and Ableton). My version of Cubase doesn't have sidechain functionality, so does that mean I'm out of luck? I had hope I could at least do it in standalone mode.

Thanks.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Sending audio into Easel
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 04:26:51 pm »
Hi jamesB, and welcome on this board.
You need a DAW to route audio through the Easel.
to route audio you have to
Open the Easel in your DAW
Create an audio track
Route this Audio track to the Easel
then on the easel , set gate 2 mode on preamp , preamp switch on ext.
Raise gate 2 slider and channel B knob,
play a note. It should work.

As cubase elements is a minor version of cubase, maybe it is limited in terms of routing possibilities.

Hope this helps,
best,

jamesb

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:22:52 pm »
Thanks for the response.

I can't seem to be able to route an audio track to the Easel.
I had hoped I could just open it as a VST effect, but it seems not. This is very disappointing.

eenixon

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 03:12:12 pm »
More old news. Here's a link to Steinberg's explanation of how to route audio into a VST Intrument:

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/vst_instruments/vst_instruments_using_instrument_effects_for_side_chain_signals_t.html

The plugin, in this case Easel V, must support side-chaining as you say. I don't know whether Cubase Elements supports side-chaining, but Cubase Pro 10 does. And I'm not finding that Easel V knows how to use side-chaining, at least Cubase's version of it.

This appears to be a feature that Steinberg introduced in version 9.5 of Cubase but Arturia has not updated Easel V to take advantage of it.

On to the next, hopefully more positive, experiment.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines