March 28, 2024, 09:54:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Working then not working.  (Read 3268 times)

Mikeaudioforce

Working then not working.
« on: December 18, 2017, 12:37:33 pm »
Hi,

I have the AudioFuse and every time i plug the AC adaptor into the unit it cuts the power. No light. No nothing. It was working 24 hours ago but now I cannot get it to respond with the ac lead at all. It's been really temperamental since I bought it.

Also, I'm running the latest macbook pro with USBC only and I struggle to get the device to run purely on USB (mac adaptors). It basically just cuts in and out and nothing works. Useless.

Please help.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Working then not working.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:53:48 pm »
Hi Mikeaudioforce, and welcome on this board,
sorry you're encountering such issues.

If i understand it well, when plugging the AC adapter only, the Unit doesn't power up at all? If so , i suggest you to do a factory reset of your unit, it can be done by holding main output CUE SELECTOR + MONO BUTTON while powering up your unit via AC adapter. If it still doesn't work, i highly suggest you contact Arturia technical support here : https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp to see what can be done here.

About running it via usb only on your macbookpro, it shouldn't be a problem to boot the unit up. You only need to plug the thicker part of the double USB cable to your usb-b to usb c adapter. Just in case, once this first connection is done, did you try to plug the other part of the cable to another usb c port, using another adapter?

Best,

Mikeaudioforce

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 10:45:05 pm »
Thanks.

You are correct. When the AC adaptor is plugged in there is no power, no lights. I also cannot complete the factory reset as it doesn't recognise the AC adaptor.

When running off USB power I can get power running from the double USB plug but this is frustrating to the small number of ports directly on the macbookpro. I also cannot get power from the USB hub to power my main midi controller (which was fine when running on the AC adaptor).

I am now trying to update the firmware (from 1.0.4 to 1.1.0) to see if this helps the issues - but it is taking an insanely long amount of time to update.

Waiting to hear direct from Arturia Support as I logged a ticket yesterday.

Appreciate the help!

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 10:48:34 am »
Hi Mikeaudioforce,
thanks for your detailed reply.

About getting enough power from the USB hub of the AudioFuse, the update 1.1.0 will allow you to use the USB HUB when powered via USB only, like in your case. (previously, you needed to use DC power to use the USB HUB)

Support Guys should answer to you soon, they're doing an amazing job, but please note they're a bit overwhelmed, due to the recent release of V collection 6.
Thanks for understanding.

best,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines