April 20, 2024, 01:03:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V6 stand-alone macOS apps don't have a bundle ID  (Read 1762 times)

heilei

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
V6 stand-alone macOS apps don't have a bundle ID
« on: December 17, 2017, 09:49:34 am »
Hi,

I'd like to report a very technical problem that applies to all Arturia's stand-alone apps. This has nothing to do with the sound or the UI, but rather the way the Mac apps are constructed and built.

The short version: Arturia's apps have no Bundle ID, which is (AFAIK) mandatory in macOS.

The long version: a lot of operations and processes within macOS identify and label applications using a bundle ID. This is usually a string, based on the manufacturer's Internet address in a reversed form, such as "com.arturia.cs-80".

The bundle ID string should be stored in each apps's Contents/Info.plist, using the key "Bundle identifier". As far as I can see, none of Arturia's synth apps have this key. This is causing a lot of problems with various utility programs in macOS, that rely on the bundle ID to identify applications (I found this out when Keyboard Maestro started acting funny when syncing macros between two Macs).

I'd appreciate it, if forum admins could forward this request to your macOS development. This problem should be fairly easy to fix, and would save us users from a lot of weird errors. Thank you!

With kind regards,
HeiLei

Matt Arturia

• Administrator
Re: V6 stand-alone macOS apps don't have a bundle ID
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 10:27:52 am »
Hi,

I can't give you a precise answer regarding the issue you describe but I forwarded your message to our development team.

Regards,

Matthieu

heilei

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 11:13:22 am »
Ok, thanks Matthieu! I'm sure your Mac developers know what I'm talking about.

Christian_S

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 09:52:36 pm »
I can confirm that too. For example I can't define an application setting for Piano V2 in SwitchresX to set an individual resolution change.

heilei

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 10:06:43 pm »
Thanks for joining the thread, Christian_S. I'm actually surprised Arturia apps are able to launch at all in current macOS because of this problem.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines