April 19, 2024, 10:08:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 2 - Open individual synths  (Read 12735 times)

vaikl

Re: Analog Lab 2 - Open individual synths
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 05:57:08 pm »
Seeing the features of Analog Lab 2 says " Full preset editing available for owners of the full versions of our synthesizers (Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, Wurlitzer V, etc.)"

so that means that only when having the v collection you get acces to all synth? (or when buying them individually?)
or will I also have full access with just the Analog Lab?

Having just Analog Lab (1 or 2) means that you only have the raw audio engines of the synths intergrated, no GUIs for them with all the knobs, faders and buttons for editing. For editing synths in Analog Lab 1 you'll need the full V4 compatible versions of the synths, either as single licenses or as the old "V Collection 4". For Analog Lab 2 you'll need the newest, different versions with V5 compatibility (cause they have completely new audio engines *and* new GUIs) or the new "V Collection 5".

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2016, 10:09:40 am »
Hi everyone,
As some people already answered to main questions about this topic, i'll just add my two cents here :

- Either in Analog LAB 1 or 2 , if you do NOT own licenses of individual synths you want to edit, you'll access only to some parameters but not indivdual synth's GUI.

- If you want to fully edit single VC4 instruments (assuming you had full licenses to these) in AL2, you'll need to update these to their VC5 versions. different prices here for the update, depending if you want to update a few ones or the whole pack.

hope it helps, feel free to get back to me . I'll do my best to answer quickly. Very busy these days...

thanks to all !

vaikl

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2016, 10:28:56 am »
Germain, thanks for your input! Question: Is Analog Lab V1 "dead" in terms of support/bug fixes/updates? There's a looong list of bug reports/problems/wishes for AL1 from many customers who don't wanna upgrade to AL2 but want a working AL1 - because they have paid for the VCOL4 instruments not long ago.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:31:48 am by vaikl »

kcearl

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2016, 04:15:48 pm »
is there anyway of just upgrading single instruments in v4 to use in AL2 instead of the whole lot?

I know owners of single instruments only have to pay $9.99 to upgrade individuals

Don't know if the single update works, but inside your licenses list (in MyAccount on the web) there's an option under the V4 collection saying that you can upgrade all of your V4 instruments for 99,- € instead of 199,- € for the complete V5 upgrade. It's valid until 1st of July.

yeah I dont want to fork out $99 for the couple of plugs Id likely use. No interest in presets or the moog V's filter, just want the resizable GUI

If single plug in users can update individually for $9.99 I dont see why V4 owners shouldnt be able to either

hello Arturia?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 11:17:28 pm »
Seeing the features of Analog Lab 2 says " Full preset editing available for owners of the full versions of our synthesizers (Mini V, Modular V, CS-80V, Wurlitzer V, etc.)"

so that means that only when having the v collection you get acces to all synth? (or when buying them individually?)
or will I also have full access with just the Analog Lab?
Yes.

Analog Lab 2 works as:
1) a preset player (but provides access to a lot of the instruments parameters, just not the full GUI)
2) a split/layer manager by allowing 2 presets to be played
3) a unified front-end to all VC5 instruments presets, including any presets you make on each of those instruments (something not possible on the previous Analog Lab).

So, yes, just like with the previous Analog Lab, you can only access the instruments full GUI if you own them too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines